Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » What are some symbols that keep appearing in your dreams?

What are some symbols that keep appearing in your dreams?

I've been having a really weird recurring dream lately that I'm in the future and there was a civil war which broke up the USA and the dream has some strange symbols.

The flag of the nation where I live is a horizontal red stripe on the top and bottom and a horizontal white stripe in the center just like the Austrian flag but the difference is in the top stripe it has the sun and the constellation Capricorn and in the bottom stripe it has two pyramids.  The new country's ccTLD is .dg so I have no idea what the name of the fictitious dream nation would be but the country's capitol building is the red castle that sits on a hill between Denver and Boulder in Colorado.

Dream symbols are always weird but online forums about interpreting dreams never gave me very much insight.  Usually it was something like you need to stop eating right before you go to sleep.

Posted - July 29, 2017

Responses

I always have dreams containing famous people. Oprah, Barack and Michelle Obama, Bruce Springsteen, Bill Gates...... weird.  
      July 29, 2017 2:10 PM MDT

You watch too much TV.

Before bedtime.
      July 29, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

Boo! I want it to be deep and meaningful.  :-(
      July 29, 2017 2:30 PM MDT

me
      July 29, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

The inside of my eyelids.  I see that a lot.

July 29, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

Psssst, what's the view like?  (Yes, it's me.)

~
      July 29, 2017 5:18 PM MDT

I didnt know you were gay. Right on sister. ;)
      July 29, 2017 6:31 PM MDT

Oops, wrong thread. -blush-
      July 29, 2017 6:32 PM MDT

You wear a facial mask to bed, you must look stunning in the morning. ;P
      July 29, 2017 5:32 PM MDT

Carb, how do you know that Shar-Shar wears a mask when she sleeps?  Oh wait, let me check the feed from the camera I planted in her bedroom . . .

Gee, you're right, Carb!

~
      July 29, 2017 6:36 PM MDT

I've heard that the symbol you dream about is only symbolic of some problem you are worried about. So it doesn't have anything to do with a flag. One thing I read is, that dreambig about a flag means you are thinking about a legal transaction that you have going on. Are you signing any legal contracts? 
      July 29, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

I don't have any legal transactions going on and I haven't signed any legal contracts recently either but the dreams I had with this theme came up recently and there are a whole lot of other symbols in it but the red and white flag along with the red capitol building stand out the most.
      July 29, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

i cant ever remember my dreams, maybe its a good thing
      July 29, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

How do you know it was in the future?
      July 29, 2017 3:11 PM MDT

I was looking at an older versions of myself and my dad and my step-mom in the dream.
      July 29, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

Did you in any way perceive the dream to be precognitive?
      July 29, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

I don't think it was precognitive.  Anyway,  I hope it isn't because in the dream my dad and my step-mom were on the other side of the new border and the border guards on the USA side wouldn't accept my passport which was issued by the newly independent country so I couldn't go visit my dad and my step-mom which was the horrifying part of that dream.
      July 29, 2017 4:50 PM MDT

I don't believe that dreams are predictive of the future.  The thing that struck me was that you perceived the dream to be in the future.  I've read a lot about dreams and the younger guys are turning their backs on the established opinions.   I have never read about dreaming of the future.  Yes, dreams are often what you could put into the science fiction category but that doesn't make it futuristic; that simply makes it a different reality that the one you actually live in.   You dreamt of yourself and family members as older individuals.........I just find that very interesting.  We dream from information in our memory.  I wonder if self consciously you thought about you and your dad/mom getting older the day before your dream.  
      July 29, 2017 5:12 PM MDT

I don't believe that dreams are predictive of the future.  The thing that struck me was that you perceived the dream to be in the future.  I've read a lot about dreams and the younger guys are turning their backs on the established opinions.   I have never read about dreaming of the future.  Yes, dreams are often what you could put into the science fiction category but that doesn't make it futuristic; that simply makes it a different reality that the one you actually live in.   You dreamt of yourself and family members as older individuals.........I just find that very interesting.  We dream from information in our memory.  I wonder if self consciously you thought about you and your dad/mom getting older the day before your dream.  

I just reread your question and you say this is recurring.  That explains the recurring nature because you remember the dream, thereby entering it into you memory.  So the first time you dreamt it is the time that is of interest.  
      July 29, 2017 5:14 PM MDT

Aren't you massively pregnant right about now?  That could be a part of it.  I am an internet doctor, you know.

~
      July 29, 2017 5:20 PM MDT

July 29, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

Interesting symbology.  

Yes, I have found eating certain foods makes my dreams more strange and much more vivid, so I tend to remember those easier.  Anything containing nitrates and nitrites, such as pepperoni, salami, bologna, hot dogs and bacon seem to trigger this for me (and others I have discussed it with).  Why, I know not.  

I liken most of our dreams to defragging and maintaining your computer's hard drive.  I believe that while we sleep, our mind sorts through, rearranges, and files some things, and flags other things for service (problems we need to work through or things that are nagging at us, for example), and those end up as vivid and/or recurring dreams.  Much of our dreaming is symbolic, and dream dictionaries can generally help with that sometimes, but the precise symbolism is going to be unique to each of us.  

Try looking each of the things up individually and see what, if anything, reasonates with you about it.  Then try tying it all together.  Good luck.  :)
      July 29, 2017 6:01 PM MDT

I see women in my dreams.  Lots and LOTS of women.  Well, actually, only one at a time or one per dream, but overall, lots of women.  Some of them I know, some are strangers I've seen recently, others are imaginary.  

~
      July 29, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

You forgot this one.

July 29, 2017 6:45 PM MDT