Active Now

Honey Dew
Spunky
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Sports » What sports did you play in highschool and why?

What sports did you play in highschool and why?

I played basketball and I was good, my friend and I used to practice all summer.
After we won our second game of the season one boy had a pop bottle mixed with alcohol in the change room and so we each took a small drink to celebrate our win.
The boy who had the alcohol left the pop bottle left it in the change room and our coach found it and smelled the bottle and notified the Principal and he suspended everyone on the team from playing any school sports for the rest of the year.
We learned our lesson.
We had no basketball team and nothing to do so we got really good at drinking.
Anyway that was the end of my basketball dreams.
Did you play on a team and how did it go for you?

Posted - July 30, 2017

Responses

This guy looks hot to me. Hmm...

I love that expression, too. (Yup - - sometimes out-of-the-ordinary things can attract me!)

I'm too lazy, I admit, to see if this guy is Andy Roddick, whom Lyrical One mentions right after your comment here, carbonproduct. Whomever he is  -- thanks for posting him!
    :)
      August 2, 2017 11:53 AM MDT

Its Andy Warhol. He is kind of strangely attractive. I like the unique ones too. ;D
      August 2, 2017 8:53 PM MDT

Hi carbonproduct!
    I may have commented in the wrong place -- but I was referring to that tennis player guy with the wide-lipped intense facial expression.

But the white-haired guy -- Warhol, I believe -- he's handsome, too, to me! Ha! It's all good!
      August 3, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

Welby, Welby, Welby, do you doubt my tennis player identification skills?   ;-)
      August 3, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

I doubt them not a bit, Lyrical One! 
    I just get confused sometimes in the order of comments in threads/which comments follow which (and sometimes some comments get deleted/removed and then I can't tell where I am, ha!).
    And I don't follow tennis very much. I wouldn't know Andy Roddick himself if he came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. (If I were so lucky! Ha! I would for sure note his attractiveness!)
    So, do feel free to keep posting hot male tennis players, Lyrical One!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 3, 2017 9:58 AM MDT
      August 3, 2017 9:43 AM MDT

Lol..... okay. Here's one of my very favorites.   :-)

August 3, 2017 9:58 AM MDT

Nice!
    And I have no idea whom he is!
    Ha!
      August 3, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

That's Roger Federer, one of the all-time greats.    
      August 3, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

I think Warhol is a unique character. I lurv characters. Inside matters more to me than outside. ;D
      August 3, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

Nothing more attractive than a nice set of kidneys and a healthy colon.
      August 3, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

one of these helps alot too.  ;+
      August 3, 2017 8:45 AM MDT

Tell me that isn't Caitlyn Jenner in there.
      August 3, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

Agreed, carbonproduct.
    I never know whom I will find attractive --  sometimes, in a physical way, I may not note someone a whole lot initially, and then, I note some quirky quality about him, and -- Bingo -- I'm attracted.
    Weird, I know.

Or, if I do find someone attractive from the start, it's all those inner qualities that add to  the attraction. ( Ha! The preceding sentence is like a "duh!" - - everyone knows that's how it tends to work!) This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 3, 2017 10:02 AM MDT
      August 3, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

• Thanks, I guess our coach had some pretty strong morals or values or whatever would cause a person to report an empty bottle that smelled like booze.
    Umm...none of us were drunk or even buzzed, but he was trying to do his job I guess?
    Suspended from all school sports for a year though?
    Oh well I guess they wanted to send a zero tolerance of alcohol on school grounds message, but our school was so bad for drinking.
    My friend got so hammered at a school dance that he ended up in the hospital getting his stomach pumped.
    Anyway there was an alcohol problem at our school so that's probably why they had a severe reaction to  our minor offense.
     Tennis is cool, I never had the opportunity to play tennis much.
    I do respect it though.

July 31, 2017 12:38 AM MDT

Football and Track & Field.
      July 31, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

• None. I was not athletically inclined at all. I've always enjoyed biking in its various forms, but couldn't make a sport out of that. 
      July 31, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

i was never into sports
      July 31, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

I played volleyball for several years, but quit after it got to be too much about who was popular enough to play instead of who worked hard for it. I also played basketball for exactly one week in 7th grade. I was so scared of the game that I quit on the day of the first game... whoops. :)

I was much better at band and choir and other theatrical endeavors :)
      August 1, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

• "None"  I did "Letter" in track, but as the team manager.
      August 2, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

• Is reading a sport??
      August 2, 2017 11:56 AM MDT

We're gonna have to call in the refs on this one.   

August 2, 2017 12:08 PM MDT

• In high school, I played some basketball in physical education classes. I started barbell training near my 15th birthday, but I did not compete in weightlifting or physique contests until I was in college. I boxed however. At age 16, I won a local tournament as a heavyweight. My first opponent was 2" taller and 5 lbs. lighter than I was. I knocked him out of the ring in the first round. He said he had just as well punch the wall as to punch me. Next, I fought a boy who was 7" taller and 85 lbs. heavier than I was. I was so quick and skillful that he could not touch me. I beat him in the first round. His hardest punches could not hurt me when I just slugged it out with him. Then, I fought a boy who was 5" taller and about the same weight I was. He was more experienced than the rest of us, and with his reach advantage, it was hard to connect with him. I finally caught him with a backhand blow that knocked him out. My final opponent was 9" taller and 50 lbs, heavier than I was. He was terrified of me after seeing me demolish three men in the first round, so he ran around the ring. It was not easy to catch him. At last, I cornered him and knocked him out too. 
      September 2, 2017 9:52 AM MDT