Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Unlimited money or eternal bliss? What would you take if offered?

Unlimited money or eternal bliss? What would you take if offered?

Posted - August 1, 2017

Responses

the money since im out of work
      August 1, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

Eternal money is bliss.
      August 1, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

• I'm all about authenticity so having eternal bliss offered to me would seem like I would be enjoying fake bliss if I took it.
    I would take the money and treat my friends and family like gold because they've worked so hard and I would use the money to help people when it makes sense and I would quit work and not worry about money anymore.
    I would try to use the unlimited money to create bliss for myself and others, but knowing me I would feel really guilty having unlimited money because it's just impossible to feed and clothe and save every suffering person on the planet.
    Plus if anyone found out that you have it it could get stressful, plus how do you raise a child when you have no reason to ever say no to them?
    How would they grow up with unlimited money?
    It would have to be a secret that only I know so I could control how Much money I give my child and others, but then that would mean that I'm living a lie and I don't want to keep secrets from anyone.
    So after all that I guess I'm saying that I don't want either option given to me, it would mess up an already blessed life.
    Thanks.

August 1, 2017 1:30 PM MDT

Hmm if i had to choose it would be eternal bliss...I am not much into money... I get that I could use it for good and live in comfort.. and I get that it's said to be the bad stuff that makes us appreciate the good stuff.. but hey, I've already had a whole shed-load of really bad stuff happen in my life so I think I could live with it being all plain sailing and happiness ever after for me :)
      August 1, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

I will take the bliss. I have enough money to pay the bills and buy food and smokes and beer.
      August 1, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

• I'll take the money. People say " you can't buy happiness" but I'm pretty sure I could rent it. 
      August 1, 2017 6:56 PM MDT

Money can lead to peace of mind which can lead right to happiness. Cash it is! ;)
      August 1, 2017 7:00 PM MDT

• Agreed! :)
      August 1, 2017 7:04 PM MDT

That's exactly how I feel on payday when I nervously check my bank account...LOL.
      August 1, 2017 7:08 PM MDT

• I hear that :) 
      August 1, 2017 7:11 PM MDT

Money please! I'll create my own bliss. :)
      August 1, 2017 6:59 PM MDT