Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Can you handle some good news? Drinking alcohol can be good for your brain! See below. What else is good for you we didn't know?

Can you handle some good news? Drinking alcohol can be good for your brain! See below. What else is good for you we didn't know?

We KNOW drinking red wine is good for the heart. Dark chocolate and walnuts too. Old news. Here's what we didn't know.

According to a recent study by the University of California at San Diego

Moderate to heavy alcohol drinkers are more likely to reach age 85 without dementia or similar cognitive issues.

Moderate is defined as one drink per day for all women or men over 65

Heavy is defined as 3 drinks a day for all adult women and men over 65 and 4 drinks a day for men
under 65

Excessive drinking is defined as more than the above-stated amounts

Posted - August 3, 2017

Responses

I guess I am going to never get...what was that again?
      August 3, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Funnee hunnee! That's the one thing I most dreaded about getting older Ele. My mom suffered from senile dementia. She passed away at 95!  I'm safe I guess. So far so good and I"m on the verge of turning 80! Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday m'dear! So goody goody gumdrops!. We'll be chatting for years to come...hopefully! :)
      August 4, 2017 3:50 AM MDT

Oh dear I do wish they would stop changing their mind and contradicting themselves!  Oh well back to the choc and alc for me then :P
      August 3, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

I know honey. Every day we learn about something new or something old redone. I guess all we can do is our best and if it's good enough we'll be here for a long time chatting! Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy  Friday to thee! :)
      August 4, 2017 3:52 AM MDT

not when people overdo it
      August 3, 2017 2:18 PM MDT