Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Do very many Catholics think that it was mostly Jehovah's Witnesses that fought for Hitler? Do they also blame atheist?

Do very many Catholics think that it was mostly Jehovah's Witnesses that fought for Hitler? Do they also blame atheist?

Posted - August 8, 2017

Responses

not sure what they think
      August 8, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

The Catholic Church was not complicit in the atrocities of Nazi Germany, but neither did it oppose it.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
      August 8, 2017 10:01 PM MDT

August 9, 2017 4:24 AM MDT

And atheists were resposible for Holdomor in the USSR, the "Great Leap Forward" in China and the Killing Fields of Cambodia, your point being?
    Any organization of sufficient size will have a few monsters hiding in it. The Catholic Church as a whole had no official "dog in the fight" - it's biggest crime was apathy.
      August 9, 2017 10:00 AM MDT

I think you are getting confused between atheism, religion and POLITICS, no one to the best of my knowledge has ever been killed in the name of atheism, neither religion nor politics can make that claim.
      August 9, 2017 10:29 AM MDT

Try reading "Calvary in China" by Robert W Greene. Or consider the fate of those caught distributing bible tracts in North Korea. They were/are treated that way for being religious.
      August 9, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

Greene was a missionary in China when the COMMUNISTS (a POLITICAL party) took over and they tried him as a suspected American spy, absolutely nothing to do with his religious beliefs or the lack of such in the COMMUNISTS political dogma and even then after being found guilty he was deported not slain.

The fate of bible pusher in N Korea is hardly surprising as the have their own 'in house' god in the form of their president, welcome to a theocrazy, religion strikes again.

Could you explain to me exactly what, 'And atheists were resposible for Holdomor in the USSR, the "Great Leap Forward" in China and the Killing Fields of Cambodia, your point being? has to do with either catholics or atheists fighting for Hitler? My point being is that I showed you that the catholic church was indeed acting in tandem with Hitler contrary to your denial. I think it takes more than a 'few monsters' as you put it to run approximately 10 concentration camps and I put it to you that running these camps was indeed 'having a dog in the fight'. Can you tell me if any of these catholic monks and their fellow catholics who rounded up and executed the prisoners were ever excommunicated by the vatican, in fact can you tell me ANY of the nazi hierarchy who were excommunicated by the vatican? I know of only one, Joseph Goebbels and his horrendous crime was to marry a protestant woman.
      August 9, 2017 7:47 PM MDT

The Kims are not god emperors (they are absolute monarchs, but that's not quite the same thing). Greene was tortured repeatedly in attempts to force him to repudiate his faith - many of his fellow priests WERE slain, indeed two "disappeared" and soon after the water at a local convent became undrinkable (the nuns had been systematically gang raped but not killed) - the well had been contaminated by the putrefying bodies of the missing priests.
    The Catholic Church ignored the actions of the Croats in much the same way as it ignored the paedophilia of a minority of the clergy in more recent times. That's not the same as taking an official position. Apathy.
      August 9, 2017 8:08 PM MDT

In 2005, David Hawke, the respected human rights investigator, interviewed 40 North Korean escapees about religion in North Korea. Here are some of their responses about North Korea's religion:

"Juche is the only religion North Korean people can have."

"We learned that there were two lives: one is the physical life and the other is the political life. We were taught that political life was forever along with the leaders and the Party. Therefore, I believed that my political life was more important than my physical life."

"According to party covenant, Article 1, section 1, all North Koreans are required to worship Kim Il Sung with all our heart and might, even after his death. We have to venerate the pictures and status of Kim Il Sung."

"We must hang [Kim Il Sung's] pictures. The pictures indicate that Kim Il Sung is god, as we hang the pictures for the purpose of reminding ourselves that we depend on him."

"Hanging portraits of Kim's family is compulsory for every household. The portraits must be hung on the best wall of every home, and nothing else can be hung under the portraits. Families with high loyalty to the Party bow down under the portraits even when nobody is watching."

"Religious freedom is not allowed in North Korea because it will ruin the deification of Kim Il Sung."

"Having faith in God is an act of espionage. Only Kim Il Sung is a god in North Korea."

"Juche itself is a religion, therefore they worry that people may forsake Juche for another religion."

Is there any 3rd party proof of 'Greene was tortured repeatedly in attempts to force him to repudiate his faith - many of his fellow priests WERE slain, indeed two "disappeared" and soon after the water at a local convent became undrinkable (the nuns had been systematically gang raped but not killed)' other than that of a catholic priest who could be said to be somewhat bias? Even if there is, I still say you are confusing atheism and politics, after all if you are considering all communists as atheist then millions of atheists died under communism compare that number with those of religious beliefs.

Below is not apathy, below is taking a VERY OFFICIAL position, in fact the first foreign country to do so!

Cardinal Secretary of State, Eugenio Pacelli (later to become Pope Pius XII) signs the Concordat between Nazi Germany and the Vatican at a formal ceremony in Rome on 20 July 1933. Nazi Vice-Chancellor Franz von Papen sits at the left, Pacelli in the middle, and the Rudolf Buttmann sits at the right.

The Concordat effectively legitimized Hitler and the Nazi government to the eyes of Catholicism, Christianity, and the world.

August 9, 2017 9:50 PM MDT

In 1933 Hitler had not yet began the Holocaust. He was (at that time) the democratically elected Chancellor, and Germany was the ally of the United Kingdom and the United States.
      August 11, 2017 3:34 AM MDT

Those are very good valid points but I wonder if you are aware of just who it was that allowed Hitler to become the 'democratic elected Chancellor'? I would appreciate it if you would read the following link in it's entirety, it is quite lengthy but I think you will find it time well spent if you have any real interest in finding out the truth regarding the vatican and the nazis. The nazi party could never have come into power (democratically) without the full backing of the vatican.

https://www.emperors-clothes.com/vatican/cpix.htm
      August 11, 2017 6:55 AM MDT

Sorry I forgot to mention in my longer reply that the vatican did not ignore the paedophiles within it's ranks, it HID and is still HIDING the SICK BASTARDS, hopefully this practice will come to an end when cardinal Pell is dragged before a secular Australian court to face charges of paedophilia and child abuse but I would not hold my breath waiting for that.
      August 9, 2017 9:59 PM MDT

Please keep atheists out of this, we have no dog in this fight.

Die Vereidigung der Wehrmacht auf Adolf Hitler, 2.8.1934

"Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, daß ich dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen."

The Wehrmacht Oath of Loyalty to Adolf Hitler, 2 August 1934

"I swear to God this sacred oath that to the Leader of the German Empire and people, Adolf Hitler, supreme commander of the armed forces, I shall render unconditional obedience and that as a brave soldier I shall at all times be prepared to give my life for this oath."

Diensteid der öffentlichen Beamten

"Ich schwöre: Ich werde dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler treu und gehorsam sein, die Gesetze beachten, und meine Amtspflichten gewissenhaft erfüllen, so wahr mir Gott helfe."

Service oath for public servants

"I swear: I will be faithful and obedient to the leader of the German Empire and people, Adolf Hitler, to observe the law, and to conscientiously fulfill my official duties, so help me God."

August 9, 2017 4:31 AM MDT

We don't think very much about the Jehovah's Witnesses, period.
      August 9, 2017 10:45 AM MDT

By your taunts and that of antibiotic, who inspired this question, you seem to think about JW's.

August 9, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

Glad to hear I can be of some inspiration to you.

August 9, 2017 8:26 PM MDT

Not at all---just when I read one of your questions.  I find most of your conclusions to be somewhat humerous----and all the more tragic because you occasionally come close to the truth but cannot seem to find it.
      August 10, 2017 8:37 PM MDT

Catholics don't think that Jehovah's Witnesses killed anyone. 

What drugs are you on?
      August 9, 2017 9:58 PM MDT

It's not his fault. It's his shepard's fault.
    A scientific literature review found that the rate of mental illness among Jehovah's Witnesses is considerably above average.
    https://www.caic.org.au/jws/medical/mental.htm

August 10, 2017 7:31 PM MDT

I find people who spend this much time bashing someone else's faith to be suspect not the JW's as a whole.
      August 10, 2017 8:10 PM MDT

Is English a second language to you?
      August 11, 2017 5:13 AM MDT