Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Ever had such a bad showdown with a partner that you both made long suppressed derogatory remarks about each others' sexual performance?

Ever had such a bad showdown with a partner that you both made long suppressed derogatory remarks about each others' sexual performance?

Posted - August 11, 2017

Responses

Oh probably at one time or other long ago and far away.  

Shelter From The Storm  Bob Dylan

'Twas in another lifetime, one of toil and blood
    When blackness was a virtue the road was full of mud
    I came in from the wilderness, a creature void of form
    Come in, she said
    I'll give ya shelter from the storm

And if I pass this way again, you can rest assured
    I'll always do my best for her, on that I give my word
    In a world of steel-eyed death, and men who are fighting to be warm
    Come in, she said

Not a word was spoke between us, there was little risk involved
    Everything up to that point had been left unresolved
    Try imagining a place where it's always safe and warm
    Come in, she said

Read more: Bob Dylan - Shelter From The Storm Lyrics | MetroLyrics

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 11, 2017 1:20 PM MDT
      August 11, 2017 11:33 AM MDT

That's one of my favourite songs. and strangely I am not a huge Dylan fan...  lol I think there's a lyric in there about her giving him a lethal dose. 
      August 11, 2017 1:21 PM MDT

No.
      August 11, 2017 12:39 PM MDT

I seriously try not to do that.. men are very sensitive about that subject... I avoid and evade for I cannot lie :P  But there have been a few times when it was totally unavoidable..  like the time when one, who had been very special, asked me to *recommend* him to  women I know.. He said to me, 'go on, you know I'm GOOD.'  I confess, I nearly burst out laughing... and perhaps did allow a titter or two before saying, 'no, seriously, you aren't'  Thing was - he really wasn't and I couldn't have disappointed other ladies with false advertising :P
      August 11, 2017 1:06 PM MDT

Nope.  In arguments, I never say things just to cause pain or that I will regret later.  Oftentimes when people do that, whatever they've said is most likely a lie anyway.  When it's truthful, it means they've probably held it hidden and brought it out only as ammunition in a fire-fight.

~
      August 11, 2017 1:17 PM MDT

• My use of the phrase "long suppressed" was deliberate, as you probably noticed. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 12, 2017 12:55 AM MDT
      August 11, 2017 6:09 PM MDT

Yes, I see that now upon re-reading it. 

~
      August 11, 2017 11:59 PM MDT

• No, I wouldn't do that.
    Even if my partner isn't compatible with me in some way sexually I can always find ways to make it work.
    My ex was the woman of my dreams in some ways, but not every time we did it was perfect.
    After our marriage ended I did try to find out if there was something that I wasn't doing right or if there was something wrong with me?
    I said "I thought the sex was good."
    She said that it had nothing to do with sex, it was our relationship that was the problem.
    So we never did get into putting each other down over sex, but we did argue about absolutely everything else. : (

August 11, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

no cause i dont have a partner
      August 11, 2017 2:41 PM MDT

No.  Is this why you are cheating with someone at work? This post was edited by Thriftymaid at August 13, 2017 1:41 AM MDT
      August 11, 2017 4:22 PM MDT

• Thriftymaid, I became single about three months ago after a three-year long-distance relationship ended bitterly. No heated remarks about each other's sexual performance were exchanged, thouh the quality of sex had deteriorated considerably on both sides.
    My work colleague and I are very fond of each other, and our relationship is neither clandestine nor committed, at least not yet. You do not know the details, so I can't blame you for inferring wrongly. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at August 11, 2017 11:57 PM MDT
      August 11, 2017 4:49 PM MDT