Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Wars never really end. The hate they generate does not dissipate over time. It grows. Hate groups are born because of it. Inevitably?

Wars never really end. The hate they generate does not dissipate over time. It grows. Hate groups are born because of it. Inevitably?

Posted - August 13, 2017

Responses

Do the British and the Americans still hate each other due to the Revolutionary War?  News to me!
    (Yet another failed premise, I believe. See what happens when one uses absolutes as a basis for theory?)

August 13, 2017 4:09 AM MDT

Well, wars can go on ad nauseum. 

Yes we made it up with the Brits.  We are just like those turkeys.  Capture and conquer.  But she is mostly right.

Wars between the North and South here after that war, are still in play. 

Wars between Ireland and everyone around Ireland including Ireland itself is still warring like crazy. 

India and Pakistan?  Still enemies. 

So, you are both right.  Sometimes wars do end and we wind up at peace and making allies only to fight another perceived enemy with our new ally.    It really does not actually end ever.

When we are all at peace on earth?  Then we can say this is untrue.
      August 13, 2017 7:11 AM MDT

Rosie didn't allow for a "sometimes" in her premise. 
    -
      August 13, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

I know.  I mention this all the time to her.  That always and never stuff gets to me too.
      August 13, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

Lol. 
    Where did we go wrong in raising her?
    __
      August 13, 2017 7:17 AM MDT

My mother  no longer hates the German people who tried very hard to kill my father during WW2. In fact, she worked many years as a secretary for a former 'Hitler Youth' who owned a very successful business here in America.  (my father had German shrapnal in his body, and I almost wasn't born because of it!)
      August 13, 2017 6:57 AM MDT

I think you're wrong on ALL of those points because wars never really end. The hate they generate does not dissipate over time. It grows. Hate groups are born because of it. Have you learned nothing here at all?

There is always the Anti-Hitler Youth Hate Group, they have chapters everywhere. It was inevitable. 

(If we all roll our eyes in unison, the rotation of the earth may reverse itself.)
    This post was edited by Randy D at August 13, 2017 11:51 AM MDT
      August 13, 2017 7:08 AM MDT

Hot dang!  We can watch the solar eclipse AND spin the planet backwards just like Superman! 
      August 13, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

A great story.   This is proof that anything is possible.  It is living proof of why we need to forgive and move on.  But, did it stop hatred and racisim?  Did World War II do a thing to stop white people from wanting to destroy other races and have white supremacy?  It still reigns in every jail in Amerika.

I think that is what Rosie meant here.  It never ends.  It just pops up somewhere else worse and even more diablolical.
      August 13, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

I think Rosie posted exactly what she meant to post. Remember, this is the person who hardly ever edits what she posts, and who staunchly defends whatever she's posted (if and when she replies, that is).
    __
      August 13, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

That is very up close and personal bh. Glad your dad survived. It wasn't the German people though was it? It was the Nazis. Or am I being ingenuous? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      August 13, 2017 9:40 AM MDT

sounds like it
      August 13, 2017 5:00 PM MDT