Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » DO you often/sometimes/never treat yourself to something nice?

DO you often/sometimes/never treat yourself to something nice?

I've worked through most of the summer break while my colleagues while my colleagues didn't and never do... I am clearly either an idiot/need the money or I am too kind lol. But, aside from the fact I don't have any money.. I really feel like I need a treat.... 

So do you treat yourselves when you feel you deserve it?

Posted - August 14, 2017

Responses

No. I treat my Parrot or my grandson, son or daughter to something nice with makes me feel nice which in turn is a treat for me. 
      August 14, 2017 11:29 AM MDT

That's even better! It does often make us feel better to do nice things for others.. I used not to treat myself.. all my treats were for others, and there is nothing wrong with that.. but for me personally, I found that I was often, (and still do!) do everything for others and I very often, (and still do) neglect myself and my needs.. It occurred to me a few years ago when I was working on a lot of things, that I need to look after me too.. if I don't then I am not going to be ok to look after others.. So now I do treat myself sometimes :)
      August 14, 2017 11:38 AM MDT

I never not treat myself because ive treated someone else instead. I just include them when i do. ;)
      August 14, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

Rarely. I did buy myself a new fishing rod and reel recently.
      August 14, 2017 12:26 PM MDT

You dont CATCH yourself doing that too often either? hahahahhaha
      August 14, 2017 12:35 PM MDT

(groan) About once every 20 years.
      August 14, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

i cant do it that often since im out of work
      August 14, 2017 12:59 PM MDT

I get that Pearl.. I have learned though..that treating yourself doesn't have to involve money.. it can be to watch a film and just chill out, to step outside on a starry night to look at the sky, to go for a walk, to read a book.. Not at all to diminish your being out of work but lots of good things are things we can do for ourselves to show that we value ourselves..and lots of those things are free. I rarely spend any or much money... it's more things to treat myself. 
      August 14, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

• "Often" ... let my heirs get their own. :)

August 14, 2017 3:46 PM MDT

I don't treat myself well
      September 12, 2017 8:44 PM MDT