Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Jean-Michel Basquiat was an American artist who died of a heroin overdose at the age of 27. See below for others. Is CELEBRITY deadly?

Jean-Michel Basquiat was an American artist who died of a heroin overdose at the age of 27. See below for others. Is CELEBRITY deadly?

Both Prince and Michael Jackson died of ACCIDENTAL drug overdoses
Jim Morrison was 28. No autopsy was performed so the exact cause of death is unknown
Whitney Houston,  48
Heath Ledger, 29
Philip Seymore Hoffman, 46
Amy Winehouse, 27
Anna Nichole Smith, 39
Chris Farley, 33
River Phoenix, 23
John Belushi, 33
Janis Joplin, 27
Jimi Hendrix, 27
Elvis Presley, 42 
  Those are just some. There are others too.

They would all have died anyway. We all die But would they have died so young of drug/alcohol abuse? We can't know the answer to that question. Do you know anyone who is addicted to drugs/alcohol? If so is he/she beyond help?

Posted - August 28, 2017

Responses

I do not know why all these people use deadly drugs. Sometimes my county's obituaries contain 2 heroin overdose deaths per day! Almost all are under age 35. They did convict some heroin dealer who was from another state. My father was a whiskey alcoholic all his adult life. He died of liver failure. (age 74)
      August 28, 2017 3:35 AM MDT

I was. The operation got rid of most of the pain, so I no longer needed opioids to moderate that. Clean for 7 years nearly.
      August 28, 2017 7:06 AM MDT

That is supercalifragisticexpialidocious! Thank you for your reply Sbf! :)
      August 28, 2017 10:28 AM MDT

I can't answer that.  That is a discussion that has gone on since time began and we started coming down here to earth to roost.

It is not about living, and it is not about dying;  it is about the afterlife.  So if we came down here for a short time, there may be extenuating circumstances that have to do with an individual's  karma, the karma of the people who are affected by their life here,  and just all sorts of things to consider.

Life is small, death is small and our eternal souls do not die ever.  We are not human beings exploring a spiritual existence. We are spiritual beings exploring a human existence here on earth.  This is not the end, this is not the beginning, it is just a lesson-learning playground to me.

John Michael Basquiat - heroin addict and artist who became an Andy Warhol superstar.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at August 28, 2017 6:11 PM MDT
      August 28, 2017 10:42 AM MDT