Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » "Everyone has got a dream. Ya know what I mean"? Do you. What is it?

"Everyone has got a dream. Ya know what I mean"? Do you. What is it?

Posted - August 29, 2017

Responses

I want to feel secure and independent.

I wake up every day wondering if I can take care of my problems financially.  That is the worst feeling I've ever had.

I am living each day as best I can and trying to keep things in perspective.  I am starting a lot of my life over and I am not going to get many more chances to do it right.  I want to be successful enough at my career that I have no worries and I want to be good at what I am doing to at least feel like I am making people feel better instead of worse.

There is a lot of competition out there and being over 65 does not make the obstacles easier, but physically and mentally I'm okay.  It's just going through the level of uncomfortability that happens when you are changing and stepping out of your comfort zone for the world to see and criticize.  It is not easy.  But I have no choice.  It is either be a massage therapist that I trained for, or get some job in a Dollar Store. 

August 29, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

I like your answer SHar to the Rona. ;)
      August 29, 2017 10:20 AM MDT

I understand your position, I've certainly been there myself. My mother saved me because she wisely saved up her pennies over the years just to keep her kids afloat in case of employment instability. ( I was unemployed for 5 months)  Back in the 60's, father left her for another woman and things were rough. Like you, she got an education in a trade and saved the day. 
      August 29, 2017 10:37 AM MDT

Well, I know you are safe and sound now and I am very VERY happy that you are. 

Thanks for reading.  I just love this work and hope I am good enough for years to sustain some rather huge bills. LOL 
      August 29, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

I wish you good luck and that you achieve your dreams.  Making people better instead of worse is a good thing. Of course the words you choose to use when you engage with them matters a lot. Harsh words hurt and sometimes the scars they leave don't disappear. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday.
      August 30, 2017 2:49 AM MDT

My dreams have mostly been fulfilled except the one where I earn enough to be a millionaire.  In addition, I would like to live to be 100. (healthy)
      August 29, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

And may you stay forever young, bhw.
      August 29, 2017 10:42 AM MDT

You too! May you continue to argue about Trump and Sheriff Joe until the ink runs out.
      August 29, 2017 10:59 AM MDT

I wish that you get your wish bh.  I'm almost 80 and Jim is almost 82 and we plan to live to our triple digits so why can't you? I wonder though what unanticipated problems would come with being very wealthy? For one thing how would you know who liked you for you and not just because of your money? I know that's a problem many wouldn't mind having. On a different subject. Remember a few years ago you asked where all the questions I ask come from? You asked if I had a book of a thousand questions that I used? I told you no. I'm going to ask a question based on this conversation. I get a lot of ideas from just chatting with folks so you can see how just talking to you now piqued my curiosity. You will recognize which one it is. Thank you for your reply!  :)
      August 30, 2017 2:25 AM MDT

• I want to either find a woman who wants my lifestyle out in the woods drinking beer on a beautiful Tuesday afternoon or I want to get my ex wife out of my head enough that I can function at a higher level and have all the money and belongings that make fancy looking girlfriends magically appear because they're magically delicious, LoL!

Or I just want to be healthy enough to always provide for my son and maybe be able retire someday, yeah right!

August 29, 2017 12:28 PM MDT

In the woods? Jim and I are Scorpios so one day when our ship comes in we'd buy a condo at the beach. Any southern California beach would do. We'd probably be  drinking wine although I do like beer and so does Jim. It takes time to get over someone.  Sometimes you never do completely but you learn to value what you have and move on. Hopefully you are not closed off from others. You have to remain open and  that makes you vulnerable! "Fancy" is in the eye of the beholder. Anyway anyone who needs a lot of upkeep isn't worth your time. You and she should take care of each other equally...not you giving her everything she wants and requiring nothing of her but to be eye candy and a playtoy. Also what kind of woman do you want for your son's mom? Health is important andyou can contribute to that to a great extent by your lifestyle choices. Diet, exercise and avoiding excess when it comes to things like alcohol and tobacco. But you know that. I hope you find the right woman Truthseeker. Having a loving  companion with whom you go through life is a wonderful gift if the two of you click and are honest and kind. Kindness should not be underestimated. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      August 30, 2017 2:45 AM MDT

• Thanks Rosie.
    You're very wise and I appreciate it.
    Yeah, I live in the woods kinda, well it's more farm land that has been in my family for generations.
    My dad passed away so all the property is half mine and I live on some of it and we rent the rest out to farmers to grow their crop.
    I am kinda closed off from society out here, LoL.
    So I do spend too much time alone and it has hindered me from moving on.
    I totally agree with you and I hope to find a great partner someday, but I may have to actually go out to do it.
    I'm just in a stage of spinning my wheels right now.
    Once my son is a little older I can get a different job and start meeting people again.
    Thanks for the thoughtful response. : )

August 30, 2017 10:33 AM MDT

You're very welcome Truthseeker. I reflect back what you give me and  your replies are always very thoughtful and sincere. Of course an essential part of finding the right person will be how your son is affected. You know that. Once we have children they must be our first priority until they become adults and are on their own. A loving woman will love your child and your child will know that and hopefully love back. Everything in its own good time. I think your son is very lucky to have you for a dad. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 10, 2017 3:28 AM MDT
      September 10, 2017 3:28 AM MDT

I have no more dreams...I have met my goals except catching that five pound bass.
      August 29, 2017 1:34 PM MDT

(five-pound)
      August 29, 2017 5:19 PM MDT

Randy-D.
      August 30, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

Well I hope you catch it. Do you do all the cleaning Ele? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday!  :)
      August 30, 2017 2:46 AM MDT

Only my hands...I am a 'catch and release' guy.
      August 30, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

So you do it for the sport rather than catching, cleaning and cooking it? Thank you for your reply Ele! :)
      September 9, 2017 8:46 AM MDT

• I never had a chance to have a dream. I was too busy working my ass off and paying taxes so that all the worthless non contributors could have their dreams.
      August 29, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

I used to, now I just hope for the best.
      August 30, 2017 10:07 AM MDT

That could be your dream RoseS. Hoping for the best. I hope you receive what you hope for. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      September 10, 2017 3:48 AM MDT