Element 99
Discussion » Statements » I miss my dog....:{

I miss my dog....:{

Oh Daisy,  loved you puppers.

Posted - September 2, 2017

Responses

Honey, did your dog just die? :-(
      September 2, 2017 9:53 PM MDT

• Not really. Had to put her down a month ago.  Just stewing about it .
      September 2, 2017 9:56 PM MDT

That's still pretty recent.  I'm really so very sorry.  You know how I am about dogs.  I wish I knew.  What happened?  
      September 2, 2017 9:59 PM MDT

• short story:  She was 15

long story:  tumor was growing back. Was starting to fall down,  epilepsy was getting worse and was hard to control with the barbs, and she was losing bladder and bowel control.  She just had that tired and pained look all of a sudden and wasn't at all herself.  Could tell it was all discomfort and aches.
      September 2, 2017 10:06 PM MDT

I know too well how that goes.  I know this doesn't really help with the pain of the loss but, you gave her a good life, and she lived a long one, and you did the right thing by her when it was time.
      September 2, 2017 10:11 PM MDT

Hi Glis...sigh...just reading the dialogue between you and Harry.....Daisy......such a gentle name...!
    I never had a pet but I've seen the bond which one develops with a pet..my aunt too had to put to sleep her dog.....may you recover soon...my good friend!
      September 2, 2017 10:24 PM MDT

• thanks Veena
      September 2, 2017 11:13 PM MDT

Dunno what i can do to make you feel better...dear Glis.....hope you revive your spirits soon!
      September 2, 2017 11:16 PM MDT

• I KNOW WHAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!!! ( I know , I know ,  I always know right thing to say about this kinda stuff ... no i do not) :)

https://youtu.be/jewtYBvP-_0

September 2, 2017 11:08 PM MDT

• what is it?
      September 2, 2017 11:15 PM MDT

• Liquor and whores..... what else could it be ;)
      September 2, 2017 11:17 PM MDT

• (wipes tear from eye)

You really do listen to and get me.
      September 2, 2017 11:20 PM MDT

• cigarettes and dope and mustard and bolgna....liquor and whores.
      September 2, 2017 11:23 PM MDT

• I gots you :) now when your done wiping that tear can head to liqour store and pick me up a bottle! I just got home hour ago and got nothing here ...:/ i haven't drank in two days! So I feel  sorry me now :/ remember it's  all about me ;) just cos your dog died doesn't mean you should have all the sympathy :/ .... ;) I'm so helpful ...i should get a faaaking medal. 
      September 2, 2017 11:26 PM MDT

• neener neener neener......  my bar and wine cooler and beer fridge is freshly stocked.....
      September 2, 2017 11:45 PM MDT

• neener neener neener......  my bar and wine cooler and beer fridge is freshly stocked.....
      September 2, 2017 11:46 PM MDT

• It gets worse ... I lock myself out of house go outside smoke.... I don't know what to fookin do... seriosly. 
      September 2, 2017 11:50 PM MDT

eat a brownie.
      September 3, 2017 3:17 PM MDT

• now you tell me :/ shoulda woulda , coulda :)
      September 3, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

I read all the responses.
    Damn, it's not easy.
    I and my cat had a similar experience and I made the decision after she looked and behaved in a way you described about Daisy.
    In fact, no lie, the night I made the decision, my cat really decided -- I was very close to her physically to give her yet another drug pill I had in my hand and she put her paw on my hand and held her paw there, stopping me and looking at me in the eyes.

In any case, my best to you, though, Glis!
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 6, 2017 2:00 PM MDT
      September 3, 2017 10:44 AM MDT

It took me almost 2 years to stop crying when certain memories of our dog popped into my head after he died in 1995.  Grief is grief and it runs its own course in each of us.

We still have a copy of this poem posted in the house.  (We had to put another dog down about 2 years ago.)  It doesn't matter what you think about the afterlife, it's still a nice concept.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
      September 3, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

I love The Rainbow Bridge concept
      September 3, 2017 3:11 PM MDT