Active Now

Urban Spaceman
Randy D
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Are there movies you've seen and you ended up maybe not knowing exactly what they were about but you loved them anyway?

Are there movies you've seen and you ended up maybe not knowing exactly what they were about but you loved them anyway?

The first two to come to my mind are:

Director William Friedkin's "Bug"   

Director John August's "The Nines" (starring Ryan Reynolds who gives one of the best performances I've ever seen)

I really recommend both of these quirky movies!!
:)

Posted - September 6, 2017

Responses

I didn't watch the trailer because I haven't seen this movie and I might see it and I prefer to know nothing about movies before I see them. I do know this was a sequel to another movie - - I think "Meet the Parents" maybe?

Geez --  I've always found Ben Stiller hot!
      September 6, 2017 7:48 PM MDT

So bad it makes bad look good.
      September 6, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

Yes.... one called, under the skin.. that was just plain odd.. so odd I vowed to read the book so I could figure out what it was all about.. . Lucy was another one.. but I just watched it twice and just about got it :P
      September 6, 2017 4:08 PM MDT

That's funny, Adaydreambeliever, because your choice reminded me of a very good movie starring Guy Pearce, my favorite actor, called "In Her Skin." I recommend that one, too! 
    I never saw "Lucy." (Or "Under the Skin.") And I saw another one I liked called "Mysterious Skin."

Lots of "skin flicks!"
    ;)
      September 6, 2017 7:56 PM MDT

None come to mind. Guess I have a hard time loving what I don't understand.   ;-)
      September 6, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

Good point, LyricalOne!
    For me, though, there's so much I don't understand in this life that I would never love anything if I had to understand it all! Ha!
      September 6, 2017 7:52 PM MDT

That's a good point too. Guess there's juuuuust enough I do understand to have some things to love.   ;-)
      September 6, 2017 8:11 PM MDT

Me, too!
      September 6, 2017 8:21 PM MDT