Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Why are Republicans SHOCKED that Trump would cozy up with Dems and humiliate them? Did they really not know what they were getting? WHY?

Why are Republicans SHOCKED that Trump would cozy up with Dems and humiliate them? Did they really not know what they were getting? WHY?

Posted - September 10, 2017

Responses

Dems cozying up with Trump? Don't THEY know what they are getting? You would think they should. You can't trust any of them. Cry out to Yah and "Come out of Babylon". This post was edited by O-uknow at September 10, 2017 1:28 PM MDT
      September 10, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

The man has no loyalty... anyone who couldn't see that is silly to say the least. I'd probably use stronger words than that :P
      September 10, 2017 2:03 PM MDT

He likes to make deals Addb. He has been thwarted by his own party because they are inept apparently. The timing was right for Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to step in with a deal he could go along with. It took 2 seconds to get it done. Trump was rewarded by the good press. I think he did the right thing. He put Republicans on notice that they'd better get off their respective a**es and start working to accomplish things he wants done and stop giving excuses. Now is it always going to be this peachy keen between Trump and the Dems? Of course not! Perhaps it was just a fluke. Or maybe a portent of things to come.  For now we just will wait and watch and see what comes next. He has no loyalty. He has no ideology. So smart pols will take advantage of that. Schumer and Pelosi did. But Trump got what he wanted too so this time everybody wins (well not the Republican leadership. They got gobsmacked!)
      September 11, 2017 5:22 AM MDT

Beats me. Trump was hired to do a job and he'll work with anyone that will get that job done. If Republicans want to sit around with their thumbs up their butts saying they can't do anything, I agree, why are they surprised he moved on to someone who can?
      September 10, 2017 6:34 PM MDT

Precisely RoseS. I have to admit I was really stunned initially but then I got to thinking about it and it made a lot of sense. If his own party isn't going to give him any deals and the Dems will and he is a deal maker and wants to get SOMETHING accomplished why not work with those who will get it done?  A week ago I would have said "no way would he do that" but now I think he did the right thing. He is loyal to getting things done and not to a political ideology or party. Thank you for your reply. We totally agree on this! :)
      September 11, 2017 5:01 AM MDT

It wasn't political parties that got him elected. It was people. People want things done to better the country (not politicians). You may not care for him, heck I'm not crazy about him myself, but he is going to and does, get things done!
      September 11, 2017 8:05 AM MDT

He cozied up to Dems (Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi) and got something done. He gobsmacked his own party and humiliated Ryan and McConnell specifically in so doing. i could take more of that. Thank you for your reply RoseS and Happy Tuesday! :)
      September 12, 2017 4:39 AM MDT

Why are you so shocked, Rosie, when you consider that he's a New Yorker - a place where, as I've explained before, making deals and getting things done always "Trumps" political ideology?
      September 10, 2017 6:50 PM MDT

It is about getting the job done. Republicans need to get in line and help Trump do what he was elected to do.
      September 10, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

Exactly m2c! At first I was stunned but then I got to thinking about it. Trump is NOT ideologically bound to a party. He wants to get things done. He waited for Republicans to do something and he got tired of waiting and coincidentally the timing was perfect for him to work with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi. It took two seconds for them to get a deal done! In fact Trump said how pleased he was with the good press. He should get good press for it. Maybe that will wake up Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell and they will take him more seriously. Of course that doesn't mean he will always work with Dems and not with Republicans. He is going to work with the folks who will get the things done he wants to get done. He is tired of the shillyshallying that goes on and frankly I don't blame him! Thumbs up on that one!  Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      September 11, 2017 5:05 AM MDT

Good to here from you...you have been ignoring me. 
    Hope you are feeling well. Happy Monday!
      September 11, 2017 6:21 AM MDT

I know and I apologize. I ignore lots of folks m2c. Not intentionally. You know I'm here to ask questions because if I don't they drive me bonkers. I will never catch up in replies because I spend most of my available time on Answermug ASKING QUESTIONS. A couple of days ago I went back to August 1 and answered some of those replies. The solution of course would be stop asking questions until I'm caught up but that would take months and isn't ever going to happen because I'd probably have a nervous breakdown due to all the unasked questions. So I apologize for the past the present and the future. Now of course some folks I do INTENTIONALLY avoid. But only because they just show up to attack/insult and who needs  that? You NEVER do that. You ALWAYS answer the question I asked. You know how much I value that don't you? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee m2c! ((hugs))
      September 12, 2017 5:09 AM MDT

Exactly what I've been saying. Don't forget that he was a Bill Clinton supporter.
      September 11, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

So was I back in the day....lol
      September 11, 2017 9:02 AM MDT

Any sensible politician makes accommodations with his opponents. In Trump's case probably including Republicans.
      September 12, 2017 5:11 AM MDT