Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Please rate the level of discomfort you'd experience from not having your cell phone for a week.

Please rate the level of discomfort you'd experience from not having your cell phone for a week.

Posted - September 18, 2017

Responses

11. At home, I use it for work and to stay in contact with my family. I am an addict, though. If a site takes too long to load or my browser freezes, I fire up my phone and switch tasks. I cannot wait 30 seconds. Eeek. I lost it while I was on vacation and I just about died. Everything was in there. Without it, I didn't even know where I parked, let alone how to get back to my rental house. D: I almost feel like I should have a backup phone.
      September 18, 2017 11:25 PM MDT

Sounds like someone needs a 12 step program.   ;-)
      September 18, 2017 11:27 PM MDT

She wrote the 12 -step program after figuring out how to manage a family, work full time and run a site.

She is a multi-tasking marvel that one.

September 18, 2017 11:31 PM MDT

• I use a phone to be on this site and to text my family and my ex to arrange my son's schedule and my boss texts me and I check my voicemail in case my son's school ever calls during the day.

I get addicted to it and I stay up way to late on my phone and I check it in the morning.
    I think it's bad for my health because I used to get bad headaches from it, but now it just causes tiredness and aches and pains in my body when it's on, LoL!
    I'm weird and cell phones affect me so if I could get away from it I bet I would have more energy, less depression and I'd probably feel young after sleeping regularly again.
    I would miss Facebook and Answermug and having a connection to everyone in my life, but the pain I would feel would be less than 0.
    I would probably be happy for the first time in years, but I wouldn't have internet and of course finding a girlfriend that doesn't have a cell phone on her all the time may be impossible so why even bother turning mine off and being healthy?
    I'm screwed, I guess? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at September 19, 2017 3:04 AM MDT
      September 19, 2017 2:05 AM MDT

Glad I can always count on you to lighten my mood. ;-)
      September 19, 2017 3:05 AM MDT

if it has to be taken away for a week, I'd say a 10+, because I don't have a home phone, and this is the only way people can get in touch with me in case of an emergency. 
      I also use it to access the internet when I'm not home, so that would be difficult too :(
      September 19, 2017 12:37 PM MDT

zero
      September 24, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

Low. I use it, but not that much and it's switched off more than on. It's just a basic voice- and text- communicator with a few internal extras such as a calculator of no real value. No camera or picture-screen, no Smurf-coloured dentures, www "connectivity" (who coins these dreadful words?) or the like.

Oh, and it's a "mobile" not "cell" phone over here in the UK, at least to most people: I call it "portable" because it's portable not mobile. At least the American term has the merit of being an abbreviation for the networks' principle.

Most of my communications are land-line and e-post.
      October 6, 2017 5:54 PM MDT