Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Another attack. Vegas this time. What's it going to take to stop this?

Another attack. Vegas this time. What's it going to take to stop this?

This is unfolding right now: https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-las-vegas-mandalay-bay-20171001-story.html 

Posted - October 2, 2017

Responses

So long as we have divisive leadership, ignore adverse economic conditions affecting the working and middle classes, and fail to prioritize quality mental health care, nothing will stop it.
      October 2, 2017 12:53 AM MDT

So you figure this to be a home grown lunatic?
      October 2, 2017 1:41 AM MDT

Too soon to tell. But there have been enough of them in recent shootings that even if this particular one turns out not to be, I'd still be comfortable with my answer.
      October 2, 2017 1:46 AM MDT

Sadly it is starting to look like the quality mental health care you mention is needed by the very people who give it no priority.
      October 2, 2017 2:53 AM MDT

Ugh, don't even get me started, given the hellish scenario America is living out, where the President needs mental health care most of all.
      October 2, 2017 3:10 AM MDT

Yepper.  Instead of asking us, why not look it up once in a while and get an opinion not based on TRUMP'S BASE here.

Those people who are pro-gun are the ones who are the real terrorists.

And our lunatic President?  He TWEETS his condolences.  Is there a bigger moron alive?

My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!  

Oh GEE THANKS TRUMP.  My son just had his head blown off going to listen to a rock concert and gets blasted with a machine gun by a gun lover who took out 50 people. 

You know what his family said?  Oh, he is a normal guy who JUST FREAKED OUT.  Oh, I see, if he didn't have a FREAKING machine gun, I could understand a FREAK OUT. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 4, 2017 11:37 AM MDT
      October 2, 2017 8:22 AM MDT

While I am 100% behind you on the matter of guns, I am rather perplexed as to why you addressed 'Instead of asking us, why not look it up once in a while and get an opinion not based on TRUMP'S BASE here.' at me?
      October 4, 2017 11:41 AM MDT

There was some kind of attack today in Canada too.  I didn't read it yet, I just saw the headline.  It did say that one was a Somali refugee.  The Vegas one looks like a whole lot of people hurt. 

October 2, 2017 2:38 AM MDT

30 year old Somali refugee recruited and radicalized began a terror attack, managed to hurt 4 people before being nabbed.  Edmonton Alberta. 
      October 2, 2017 8:10 AM MDT

This was no terrorist. It was a gun freak who managed to take out 50 people.

The President TWEETS his deep regrets.
    My warmest condolences and sympathies to the victims and families of the terrible Las Vegas shooting. God bless you!  --  TWEETED. 

By the MORON. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 2, 2017 8:18 AM MDT
      October 2, 2017 8:18 AM MDT

I am a Canadian.  I was referring to Thrifty's mention of a terrorist news item in Canada. 
      October 2, 2017 8:24 AM MDT

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CANADA AND CANADA.

This is a massive gun control error.  We allow jerks to have guns that should not have them.  This moron had an arsenal stashed in a motel room. 
      October 2, 2017 8:26 AM MDT

We did not allow him to have those guns....machine guns are illegal.
      October 2, 2017 8:39 AM MDT

Well I know it doesn't... never mind..
      October 2, 2017 8:43 AM MDT

Sorry, Kitti,

I didn't mean to sound like I was twisting your words, it is just that I see people trying to blame terrorists and dummy down the fact that it was a GUN owner*  that did this and the person that did this, killed 50 people, and was just an American slob who "freaked out" according to his family.  Yes, he freaked out and was a gun owner* and had an arsenal. 

So, this is no less horrific than Alberta as far as the deaths, but it was more so because of the lack of gun control around here being disguised as a reason to STOP terrorism by arming oneself.

The terrorists are the idiots with guns who think of them like their toy soldiers and play guns they had as a kid.  Almost always.   They usually have a collection of these "toys" and use them against real people not plastic figurines.

Then when they are taken away, everyone screams "WE NEED MORE GUNS not LESS GUNS".   It's sick.

* Gun owner.... anyone who possess a gun either legally or illegally

And while we are on the subject, what transpired for him to have this arsenal in the first place? This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 2, 2017 7:35 PM MDT
      October 2, 2017 8:51 AM MDT

I dunno why anyone would want a collection of any kind of weapons. 
    When gun control began in Canada there were enough steel collected so they could melt it all down to build 3 destroyers and a submarine 
      October 2, 2017 9:03 AM MDT

Did FAT WHITE ENTITLED MORONS scream back and win?  How did you guys keep them at bay?  I know they are the reason we have that insane 2nd Amendment nonsense held up like a prayer of righteousness.

This party is so insidious they figured out what makes America tick.  For the most part  it is filled with spoiled, entitled and lazy people.

ALL OF US.  Not just the rich.  The rich know how easy a lot of this was for them, so they just figure the poor must be a whole lot lazier.

Sara Palin said that those who work in a fast-food situation should not squawk because everyone knows that is a part-time job to get through college.

That is how connected to their constituency they are.  NOT AT ALL. 

They don't care.  So, they saw that money is not what they will use as a carrot.  They will use RIGHTS.  They percieve what people want and they sell that bill of goods to them.  It weakens the people, blinds them to what really matters, and causes a mob to vote you in.

GUNS are way more dangerous than just those bullets they shoot at you.
      October 2, 2017 9:32 AM MDT

Maybe Trump could have all those guns confiscated and melted down to provide a steel framework to begin building his wall..
      October 2, 2017 12:07 PM MDT

Kitti and I were talking about a different event. 
      October 2, 2017 7:35 PM MDT

Meanwhile in Australia we haven't had a single mass shooting in over 20 years - we tightened already restrictive gun laws in 1996.
    It's well past time to repeal the 2nd Amendment. The Redcoats aren't coming any more.

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 2, 2017 8:49 AM MDT
      October 2, 2017 2:50 AM MDT

As long as we ignore the 200-shooting deaths Austraila STILL has every year. 

https://www.news.com.au/national/crime/scary-trend-in-australian-gun-crime-with-more-than-200-shooting-deaths-a-year/news-story/374b4e55fdbb1718079c36979245d50c

Except for that little bump in the road, which is pretty ugly given that guns are now totally banned there. Looks to me like that ban is NOT working . . . 
      October 2, 2017 3:06 AM MDT

Suicides and single execution-style hits. The latter is criminals taking out other criminals (who also have guns), so who cares? No mass shootings.
    Farmers are still permitted firearms, to eliminate vermin and euthanise critically injured and ill livestock. Young people in the bush are particularly prone to despondency (limited opportunities and huge unemployment and drugs problems) - they borrow dad's rifle and that's all she wrote. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at October 2, 2017 8:33 AM MDT
      October 2, 2017 3:12 AM MDT

I usually try to stay out of political opinions as I know that know human government can truly resolve our problems but even if I still wasn't convinced that there is a God, I don't think the public should have access to automatic weapons.
      October 2, 2017 8:52 AM MDT

In the USA "the public" doesn't generally have access to fully automatic weapons. It requires a special class of firearms licensing to purchase one (your doctor should know so much about you as ATF and Treasury will ave compiled BEFORE you're "granted" that license). And then there's a Treasury Department "stamp" that must be paid each time ownership of the weapon is transfered. Between manufacturer, jobber, wholesaler and retailer that can add several thousand dollars to the cost of the weapon before it's taken out of the box. On top of that automatic weapons manufactured after a certain date are completely banned for sale to civilians. Law enforcement agencies, yes; civilians, no.
      October 2, 2017 9:34 AM MDT