Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you think it would be cool to, when your S/O dies, to have him/her taxidermied and displayed in your home?

Do you think it would be cool to, when your S/O dies, to have him/her taxidermied and displayed in your home?

I want my wife to do that to me.

Posted - October 6, 2017

Responses

Trust me, it’s not cool. Although if the person is cremated, loved ones may be comforted by having their ashes nearby. There’s even jewelry, like lockets, where you can place some of the ashes.  
      October 6, 2017 11:38 AM MDT

Element, we've known each other since AB. I would be honored to fulfill that dream against your wife's wish and use it to scare her senseless per manner and frequency agreed upon beforehand.

But promise me, if I go first, you'll take my figure to work each day and place it in front of the computer with headphones on and a "do not disturb" sign. Also, don't let my S/O know I died--just tell her I'm going through some stuff.
      October 6, 2017 11:41 AM MDT

LOL. Who were you at AB?
      October 6, 2017 12:51 PM MDT

Haha, it's been a while, but, like you, I intentionally put up the same username and avatar here as I did there.

Hang on... Have I already been taxidermied?
      October 7, 2017 3:57 AM MDT

I dunno if that would work so well because human skin is pretty delicate and may deteriorate soon or maybe can be properly treated by a reliable taxidermist to last. Few years ago I enquired about getting my deceased cat done and the guy said he no longer accepts pets because too often people are not satisfied with the finished product -"that's not the way my pet should look". 
    How about a wax copy as in those in a wax museum.  Those appear very realistic and probably last better.
      October 6, 2017 12:14 PM MDT

Love how serious you are about this; that's scarier than what I said!
      October 7, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

My husband died last Halloween and we put him in a box over the living room mantle. Then we transferred him into a ERn.  I probably would have had him stuffed, but he weight 350 pounds, so it im sure it would cost too much. 
      October 6, 2017 12:24 PM MDT

I hope I didn't offend you. If I did, I apologize.
      October 6, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

Oh, please!

There's so many bad jokes about that . . . it's not even funny (Ha, ha.)
      October 6, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

not sure what you mean by that but it dont sound that cool to me
      October 6, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

She's already asked me to cremate her and scatter her ashes in a rainforest. I'll do that if there are any left by then - maybe in the creek above the waterfall we made love under.
      October 6, 2017 5:32 PM MDT