Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » God (for those who believe there is one) tells you that if you support Trump you forfeit heaven for eternity. Do you tell Him to bug off?

God (for those who believe there is one) tells you that if you support Trump you forfeit heaven for eternity. Do you tell Him to bug off?

Posted - October 13, 2017

Responses

You have someone else confused with my god. My god is all loving and would not do that.
      October 13, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

Since when do YOU presume to speak for God?

:(
      October 13, 2017 7:25 AM MDT

She did not say that. 

This is an IF question.  Like IF God were a mermaid what color would GOD wear.  It is that ludicrous.
      October 13, 2017 11:57 AM MDT

None of this has a thing to do with God.

October 13, 2017 8:27 AM MDT

THANK you!
      October 13, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

Wish he would make up his mind then. He told me that same thing about supporting/voting for Hil-LIAR-y at the end of October last year . . . 
      October 13, 2017 8:47 AM MDT

God would never tell anyone to vote for a pro-choice candidate. 

If I truly believed it was God, yes I would end support of President Trump. 
      October 13, 2017 8:50 AM MDT

Like GOD is going to tell anyone who to vote for PERIOD.
      October 13, 2017 9:42 AM MDT

Hear, hear!
    ~
      October 13, 2017 8:17 PM MDT

Rosie, it appears that once again, you've gone off the deep end.

1. "Do you tell him to bug off?" How do we know that god is male, or even in human form? In egalitarian conservative Judaism, we only refer to Adonai (Hebrew for god), god, and the Lord. We never use him, father, or any other gender-specific term. I highly recommend this practice.

2. How do we know that god endorses any specific candidate? How do you know that god wouldn't say the same thing about supporting Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, George HW Bush, George W Bush, Richard Nixon, or Ralph Nader for that matter?

3. Why do Christians (please correct me if I'm incorrect in assuming that you are one) always make hokey references like this to heaven, hell, the afterlife, etc? What's wrong with the assumption that this life is all there is and nothing happens after death?

4. This reminds me of the old story about the Catholic high school football players who ask the priest if praying will help them win that day's game, and the priest replies that it may if they block and tackle their opponents. It also brings to mind the saying that god and paying the fare will get you on the bus or subway.
      October 13, 2017 9:38 AM MDT

he hasnt told me that yet
      October 13, 2017 2:55 PM MDT