Discussion » Questions » Sports » What is the most effective form of Martial Arts?

What is the most effective form of Martial Arts?

Karate, Taekwondo, Jui Juitsu, Judo, or other? 

And please explain why. :)

Posted - October 28, 2017

Responses

• I would think which ever martial arts training allows you to have the most impact while expelling the least amount of energy.

Sorry, I don't know which one exactly.
     I've honestly never had any training in any martial art.
    I don't think I've ever even had to fight anyone in my life so just growing up in Canada and knowing how handle people has kept me pretty safe so far.
    I kinda think just treating people good is really the best self defense.
    Even when I was drunk when I was younger people would kinda look out for me if I got cornered at a bar just because I was nice to them.
    I didn't have to hit anyone, kindness and making people laugh is probably the best fighting skill of all. LoL! : ) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 31, 2017 11:27 AM MDT
      October 28, 2017 10:36 PM MDT

I'm like you I think. But I'm starting to get interested in it. If I can get a little bit fitter, I'm thinking about possibly trying one out after the new year. 
      October 31, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

Righty, my cousin's kid is three years and 10 months old, he has an yellow belt in karate, my cousin recently shared a video of her kid breakinga tile with his hands..I was shocked;))
      October 29, 2017 12:21 AM MDT

That's really good V. Hope he keeps it up! :)
      October 31, 2017 11:28 AM MDT

Oh yes, Righty, he's learning under guidance of a Guinness record holder, he's already his State's youngest karate kid;))
      October 31, 2017 10:46 PM MDT

Super! :D
      November 1, 2017 8:58 AM MDT

;))
      November 8, 2017 11:38 PM MST

Seriously! He'll be able to take care of himself if he keeps it up. Everyone wants their family to be able to take care of themselves hygienically, mentally, physically, domestically, financially....so why not self-defense also, yeah? :)

Lots of people neglect martial arts. I know some people are too busy, but I think everyone should learn some. Be proud of him, Veena. Encourage him. It is good for him.

November 9, 2017 7:44 PM MST

Bruce Lee always insisted that conditioning was more important than technique.
      October 29, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

I think it's just as important. It's great being strong and fast, but if the technique isn't delivered properly, it isn't going to be as effective. 
      October 31, 2017 11:30 AM MDT

It would have to be knowledge
    and experience of all of them.
    Punching, kicking, elbows, knees,
    Joint manipulation, pressure points.
    Some Kung Fu built into that situation.
    Then you have to know ground work
    with Judo and Jiu JItsui.
         No one is best, but all are good, pertaining to the positions
    and what they work with in A Fighting situation.
    A working of all of that knowledge and one is complete
    in being very Good.

October 29, 2017 12:57 PM MDT

Agreed! A mixed martial artist is probably the best overall. And although they wouldn't be as good against a Karate fighter in karate match with karate rules, or against a boxer in a boxing match (like we saw in Mayweather/McGregor), or Brazillian Jiu Jutso with a BJJ fighter, they will be the most well-rounded fighter if they know something from everything. Epic answer, btw.  
      October 31, 2017 11:36 AM MDT

It's all about the martial artist and not the martial art.
      October 29, 2017 12:59 PM MDT

As a Dyslexic person I've got to say an American Sheriff that moonlights as a painter & decorator......... I could be Wong though....:(
      October 29, 2017 1:19 PM MDT

You are dyslexic..NJ?
      November 8, 2017 11:39 PM MST

No !   But mr Wong is.......he spelt his name Wrong.....:).   Hehe
      November 9, 2017 9:47 PM MST

not sure
      October 29, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

• Cross discipline training is usually the most effective. If going to pick just one form it would probably be Russian combat Sambo, Krav Maga, or Jui-jitsu for the simple facts that they all have equal emphasis on both full appendage striking and grappling techniques.
      November 9, 2017 8:13 PM MST

Yeah, there's a lot of similarities with all of those. I'm not much of a fan of Krav Maga, tbh, after watching about it. 
      November 10, 2017 11:52 AM MST