Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Has the line between the right to privacy/being kept safe from terrorism shifted? Are you more/less fearful now than 5 years ago? Why?

Has the line between the right to privacy/being kept safe from terrorism shifted? Are you more/less fearful now than 5 years ago? Why?

Posted - October 29, 2017

Responses

Privacy is just what we do in private and not a "right" as such.  Not sure what my privacy has to do with being safe from terrorism.  I am more frightened generally for society but not more frightened that terrorists will take advantage of my privacy. 
      October 29, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

For instance there are cameras installed outside in certain places. Used often to catch folks speeding but  I expect also used as surveillance to see who might be breaking into a shop when it's closed at night and also if there are terrorist activities that occur in crowded places maybe the perps will show up on tape and can be identified before they blow themselves and others up. Thank you for your reply og.
      October 29, 2017 7:51 AM MDT

"Terrorism" always used to refer to the way a government treated its citizens. It still does, but many people seem to be unaware of the meaning.
      October 29, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

it mightve shifted
      October 29, 2017 3:38 PM MDT