Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do racists realize that the only indigenous people of this great country of ours were the Native Americans?

Do racists realize that the only indigenous people of this great country of ours were the Native Americans?

It makes it a bit ironic that racists would tell anyone not Caucasian to go back to their respective countries, but at the same time don't themselves to go back to Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenous_peoples_of_the_Americas

Posted - October 29, 2017

Responses

They tend to retort "I'm native to America too!", or dare to suggest that Native Americans deserved to be treated so (and that they weren't treated that badly at all), or that they were near-feral savages, or that white settlers had every right to prosecute and displace them, or that God allowed it for good reason, or some other show of, in my opinion, horrendous moral misguidance.

But how can one expect reason from, or to reason with, a bigot?
      October 29, 2017 11:12 AM MDT

You put it better than I could - -

"It makes it a bit ironic that racists would tell anyone not Caucasian to go back to their respective countries, but at the same time don't themselves to go back to Europe."

I've thought similar things when I've heard people saying that they wished certain others would go back to where they came from.

(And I realize that English is the primary language in the USA but I still wondered a bit about Native American languages when I saw someone wearing a T-shirt that said "Welcome to the USA - -  now learn English.") This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at October 29, 2017 12:06 PM MDT
      October 29, 2017 11:39 AM MDT

maybe not or they wouldnt be racist
      October 29, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

I have met a few of those. I ask them "And what country should we send you back to?" They can't even understand the concept.
      October 29, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

Who are they and how would I know what they realize?
      October 29, 2017 10:33 PM MDT