Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » A "Christian" who puts partisan politics ahead of compassion isn't a Christian at all. He/she is a FAKE. Why are there so many of them?

A "Christian" who puts partisan politics ahead of compassion isn't a Christian at all. He/she is a FAKE. Why are there so many of them?

They uniformly ignore these words

"what you do to the least of mine you do to me". They treat some people like crap and feel ever so self-righteous when doing so. They do not see their duplicity at all.

Why do they pretend to be what they are not? They fool no one except perhaps themselves. SIGH?

Posted - October 30, 2017

Responses

Who are you to define what is a Christian and what is not? 

The bible defines a Christian in Romans 10:9 & 10. No mention of any of the crap that human judges whine about.
      October 30, 2017 9:09 AM MDT

You mean like someone who posts non-stop negativity about a certain elected official and doesn't care what kind of effect it has on others? Yeah, that's kind of hypocritical.
      October 30, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

• First of all, you have no clue who is or isn't a Christian or what a Christian is or isn't. Guess work, opinions, and conjecture don't count and will not help you in finding out. Secondly, are aware that politics and compassion aren't necessarily incompatible. Unless of course you are living in a constant state of myopia.
      October 30, 2017 2:09 PM MDT

not sure
      October 30, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

• I'm thinking that anybody who puts politicks ahead of compassion needs to do a little checking up on themselves. If God is love and Christ is the example in all things and we are called by His name. I'm also thinking that it's real interesting that the Christians are taking the sharp stick in the eye on this one when the idea can be applied anywhere to anybody. 
      October 31, 2017 12:18 PM MDT

I disagree uncle bob. Respectfully. Here's why. Many Christians set themselves up as being "good" people. They attend church. They can recite page after page after page of biblical quotes. They believe in God and Jesus and an afterlife and the rapture etcetera etcetera etcetera. Yet they also can HATE. Now I have always believed that God is LOVE. I don't hate. I don't think I'm better than others because of my skin color. I am a Christian. I don't quote pages of the bible. I don't even attend church. Church gets in the way. I go direct to God and don't fool around with the middlemen/middlewomen.  Some  Christians are often so self-righteous just because they are Christians. Okay. That's just the way they are. BUT the ones who are RACISTS/BIGOTS and still see themselves as being superior annoy me. Regular folks don't pull that crap on others. They are straight-out racists/bigots and proud of it! They don't pull out the bible and wave it at you. I'm  pretty sure GOD and JESUS are not supporters of so-called "Christian" racists/bigots or racists/bigots of any kind wearing any label.  So that's why I bring that up. Pretending to be so good when they are so bad? Not my cuppa tea. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at November 2, 2017 3:41 AM MDT
      November 2, 2017 3:39 AM MDT

Ok, so anonymous people CLAIM to be Christians, and they CLAIM to have read the scriptures, but they can't define what a Christian is either, and they make pronouncements that have no relation at all to the scriptures. You fall for this ruse, assuming they are valid examples or something or other when in fact they are spouting their own opinions. Then you blame all Christians for making the same bad impression, when you have no way of knowing what all Christians do. That is bigotry. That is hate. The same crimes you accuse so many people of. 

Your entire rant boils down to one sentence: "I am good and they are not me, so they are bad."
      November 2, 2017 7:49 PM MDT

Can you give an example of what you're talking about?
      October 31, 2017 12:22 PM MDT