Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you have any hereditary malfunctions? The ones that most in your family have/had. How about any postitive hereditary traits?

Do you have any hereditary malfunctions? The ones that most in your family have/had. How about any postitive hereditary traits?

Posted - November 2, 2017

Responses

Oh brother.

Do I have to?
      November 2, 2017 3:54 PM MDT

• Memory loss
      November 2, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

I betcha
    that's why they threw me away
    they didn't want to tell me
    about all of those things like Malfunctions......
         You know,That's what my life 
    has been all about.....
    Self Discovery, finding 
    one of those malfunctions after another.
    An endless journey. LOL
      November 2, 2017 4:28 PM MDT

Hypothyroidism from Hashimoto's Disease. Auto antibodies attack my thyroid.
      November 2, 2017 4:52 PM MDT

Yikes. I got the arthritis gene and the 'shrinking' gene. I have shrunk three inches in the last ten years. BUT...I also got the intelligence gene. 
      November 2, 2017 5:11 PM MDT

• mental illness runs in my family 

mostly depression and anxiety, but i  have bpd and me and a few of my cousins also are former self harmers

its a hard knock life for us 
      November 2, 2017 5:22 PM MDT

I have a degenerative condition of the intervertebral dics in my lower back, inherited from my mother. Already had one removed and the vertebrae fused.

I'm also a smartass, so is my dad.
      November 2, 2017 5:45 PM MDT

I have that same back condition. I just found out today I have carpal tunnel problem in my left wrist and a pinched nerve in my left elbow. More surgeries, I guess. I CAN'T lose lefty...my best friend.
      November 2, 2017 6:33 PM MDT

Overuse, perhaps? Lol
      November 2, 2017 7:52 PM MDT

• I don't know if one can call it a malfunction, but some toes look distinctly like my mother's, and some distinctly like my father's. Fortunately, at least, my feet are symmetrical in this respect except for my left pinky toe, which is raised slightly.
    Also, my belly button is neither my father's nor my mother's; it's distinctly my own.
    One more thing. I can twist my right hand all the way round (360 degrees) which neither of my parents can.
    Malfunction?  This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 13, 2017 9:23 AM MST
      November 2, 2017 7:15 PM MDT

About a decade ago, my older sister "diagnosed" our family in this way: there is a mental disorder on my mother's side that skips a generation.  Supposedly, my mother has it, and so do at least two of her grandchildren.  (1.  My sister is not a mental health professional.  2. I do not know what the alleged disorder is.)

~
      November 2, 2017 8:35 PM MDT

My father had itchy ears, and so do I. The family units live to a ripe old age and then have either stroke or heart attack. Not cancer or any of that other stuff.
      November 2, 2017 9:08 PM MDT

yes, ive had bad hips and high cholesterol
      November 3, 2017 4:53 PM MDT