Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » How do you feel the new tax plan? Do you think it will decrease your taxes?

How do you feel the new tax plan? Do you think it will decrease your taxes?

Posted - November 3, 2017

Responses

I got mixed feelings. I am certainly no expert and haven't kept up with it for the most part as we always pay our share of taxes while trying to keep the eye simple for the most part anyway. Most decisions in this system are beneficial for some while detrimental for others. If the info in the link below is correct, we would personally benefit from the proposed tax bill. Just wondering if the estimated 1.5 trillion loss of revenue over the next decade will really be made up by reinvestment of the corporate world that would be the main beneficiaries? Not so worried about us but I wonder about people that normally benefit from that 1.5 trillion that will be gone off of the top if these corporations don't reinvest enough to recoup that 1.5 trillion? If not, what government agency's and services will be cut?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/02/us/politics/tax-plan-republicans.html
      November 3, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

I believe it will. There is already a manufacturing company saying they are moving back to USA because of the new tax cuts. 
      November 3, 2017 7:48 AM MDT

Mine will probably decrease. However, how does it help the country when it comes to paying for everything. You can only cut so much from the budget and increasing the National debt is a very bad idea.
      November 3, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

More money in people's pockets help the economy.
      November 3, 2017 7:49 AM MDT

Ah, yes. The old 'Trickle down' economy. Reagan tried it. We all know what happened with that. History repeating itself?
      November 3, 2017 7:57 AM MDT

I had it good under Reagan...rather my parents did so did my husband. Worked good for them. 
      November 3, 2017 9:25 AM MDT

Absolutely not
    It is a tax cut for the rich
    That's why Trump ran for President
    so he could lower his taxes and
    save himself Millions upon millions.
     For me earning less than $30,000 per year
    i would bet my taxes will go up.
    Especially if I can't itemize for deductions.
         It's all about Tax cuts for 
    the big corporations and the extremely rich.
    The middle class and lower
    middle class like me will pay more.
         It's not a bipartisan work.
    Repubs behind closed doors
    and rushing it through is BS
    and will only benefit the rich.
         Plus raising the debt so to offset it
    they cut benefits for the needy.
    BS BS BS This post was edited by Baba at November 3, 2017 8:11 AM MDT
      November 3, 2017 8:09 AM MDT

The new plan does not say you cannot itemize deductions. 
    What makes you think taxes are going up for you? They lowered the tax rate for a single filer with taxable income from $9,326-$37,950 it was 15%....that rate is changing  to 12% up to $45,000. So you should recieve a cut of 3%.
      November 3, 2017 9:37 AM MDT

i dont know anything about it
      November 3, 2017 1:35 PM MDT