Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Is America the most sexually sick society in the world? What makes certain American men so desperate/perverted?

Is America the most sexually sick society in the world? What makes certain American men so desperate/perverted?

What about YOUR country? Do you have a multiplicity of sexually perverted folks in all walks of life? What the he** is going on? Was it always this way and is finally being outed? Is there going to be an end to this..a healing...a better tomorrow or will it just go under the rug again just like gun control talk after a massacre? Nothing changes. Nothing happens. No one cares. After all the talky talk is over we go right back to being the sameoldsameoldsameold. SIGH.

Posted - November 3, 2017

Responses

I think Its the same the world over Rosie....,the English governments full of perverts....as is the royal  family,not so much the queen as she seen suite a nice person 

i think power and money and perversion seem to go hand in hand Rosie...
      November 3, 2017 12:18 PM MDT

It is so DEPRESSING here NJ. Every day another actor or pol does a MEA CULPA and apologizes. Careers are being ruined. It seems to be prevalent and ubiquitous and standard.  I mean one of my favorite actors is/was Kevin Spacey. Apparently he is one of them. Even the "nicest" most "wholesome" guys are coming out and admitting doing something to someone. Many years ago in some cases but that doesn't mean a thing. The fact that any of them EVER did anything so disrespectful and disgusting shocks me. It is a dangerous world out there..especially for those who are preyed upon by perverts. I know that men can also be sexually abused. Who will be next?  I fear we will find out and we won't like it. Thank you for your reply NJ! :)
      November 4, 2017 2:12 AM MDT

Unless you know a person personally Rosie  and also over a long period of time ,how on earth can you asses what they are really like......

With any actor/ress and given that their job entails mimicking every human emotion....how on earth do you access what they are really like or what they get up to in their every day lives...... 

I use use to love Jennifer Aniston and Kaley Cuoco until I heard them speak on theanetican  Letterman talk show......
    i was horrified at how self centred they both were ......both so terribly false and I thought what shallow lives they both must lead......

My dads  cameramans friend worked with Robert Mitchum and always said what a nice man he was.....he would talk and eat with all the crew.....
    He also worked with Supernan actor Christopher Reeves and his wife and said they are the horriblest people he's ever worked with......
    .my parents always told me to watch people's eyes and look at where their eyes fixate on when they are speaking.....you'll be surprised at how you revaluate them after you've studied them after a while....

When I was in my very early teens I would take any opportunity given to go to work with my dad......Ive worked with him  on so many jobs over the years for both his rich and poorer customers.....Some of the wealthiest ones appeared nice ......but in truth were the most horrible people I've ever met.....

The rich ,famous and people in power are experts in the art of deception.....much in the same way Lawyers and Barristers are when trying to make the guilty  appear innocent.....

Apperance means nearly everything..An unkept Tramp can be the most honest person ever.......but how many would let them into their homes.....
      November 4, 2017 6:32 AM MDT

You can never ever really KNOW anyone NJ. People whom you've known for years can turn on you..betray you..throw you under the  bus. It happens. But until that happens you get certain impressions of whom they are based on publicity, personal appearances, the TV shows and movies they make or personal knowledge because they are part of your life. You can even read their autobiographies or biographies. There is no guarantee that there is any truth at all therein but you have faith whatever is there is true. For years Bill Cosby was thought of as a delightful guy! He made JELLO pudding commercials with kids for goodness sakes!. What is more benign than jello? Then the sh** began to hit the fan and the real monster was revealed. Now Trump was always a first-class A**. It's just that he has power now over my life and he terrifies me. We make assumptions based on what we have to work with. Sometimes they are dead on and sometimes they are dead wrong. Years ago actors who were gay stayed in the closet. Now people who love each other regardless of gender get married in regular ceremonies publicly with friends and family in attendance.  Times change. People change. Ignorance can remain or change with proper information if folks want to access it. Some don't so they stay ignorant.. We do the best we can don't we? If we could do better we would, right? Thank you for your reply! This post was edited by RosieG at November 4, 2017 7:16 AM MDT
      November 4, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

maybe they learned to be that way from their families
      November 3, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

I assume its like the old question about weather phenomena---Is the number" of tornadoes increasing or are we just noticing them more? 

Sexuality has been around forever, and all of us have to integrate it into our personalities. And not all of our impulses are a good idea.

I will guess things are as they have always been.  
      November 3, 2017 1:25 PM MDT

I am very depressed currently with regard to this tom. Kevin Spacey was a favorite actor of mine. Ever see "The Usual Suspects"? He was brilliant. Apparently he is one of them...a pervert. His career may be ruined . Others are coming out of the woodwork either because they are being outed or they KNOW they will be outed and want to get ahead of the curve. It isn't that they got away with it that disturbs me. It is that they wanted to do that in the first place. They wanted to sexually abuse others because I guess they are all sick. I mean why else would anyone do that disrespectful and demeaning a thing to anyone? It's the wanting to that is so troublesome. SIGH. I wonder who is next to be exposed? Thank you for your reply!  :)
      November 4, 2017 2:22 AM MDT

Oh yes---brilliant movie, and he has been one of my favorite actors. And for some reason, I thought that he had suggested he was gay many years ago and that that was old news.

But acting is a God-given talent, and while he certainly became accomplished at it through hard work, he still has what he had.

Of course I do not approve of sexual assault, regardless of its nature, but at least there is no apparent requirement that one undergo such an assault as a condition of advancement in one's career.

November 4, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

Of course his private lifestyle isn't the problem. You love whom you love. Period. End of story. But th abuse stuns me. I had no idea. Not that I should I suppose. It does change my view of him. I have never been able to separate a person's talent from his/her character. They spill into each other. Thank you for your reply.
      November 5, 2017 3:56 AM MST

It's not an American thing, it happens world wide.  It just gets more press in the US.  Females have been considered "low class" for thousands of years. Their sole purpose was for sex and bearing children.  Beyond that they were "disposable".    In some cultures a man's slaves were considered higher in rank than his wife (or wives).  Even in the US women were considered the 'weaker sex'.   They needed a man to take care of them.
    In WWII when women had to enter the workforce, men figured that they had the right to 'take advantage of them' (weaker sex?).  Touching, groping, demanding "favors" from them was considered the "norm".. after all, it was a mans right to boss around a weakling".  Watch US TV programs and commercials from the 50's and 60's sometimes.  Women were considered to be weak and naive.  Their only purpose was to cook for a man, please a man (sexualy), keep house and bear children .  Smacking a woman on her behind was almost a rite of passage that dads taught their sons.  After all, that's what it was there for. 
    Until the 80's and 90's, sexual misconduct was an unknown term.  If there was a complaint, it was simply swept under the rug.  If, in the unlikely event it went to court, the ruling would almost certainly be in the favor of the man of kept hush-hush.
    It hasn't been until lately that people have seriously challenged this crap. Even so, it still goes on.  So long as guys learn from their parents and others around them (by seeing them do it without repercussion) this sort of thing will never go completely away.  

It's not always the male who's to blame.  Sometimes the female instigates the harassment.   Provocative dress, heavy flirting or sexual talking are all forms of harassment that women may or may not know that they do (but it in NO way lets a man off the hook for his perverted  actions).  Of course, most men like this so they aren't going to complain.  However, it reinforces the idea that this kind of thing is "ok".

November 3, 2017 2:08 PM MDT

Where did you come up with that "historical" conclusion? This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at November 3, 2017 4:24 PM MDT
      November 3, 2017 3:39 PM MDT

Which conclusion is that?
      November 3, 2017 3:51 PM MDT

The "conclusion" that women have always been "low class".
      November 3, 2017 7:12 PM MDT

Not that they ARE low class, but that they were treated as if they were low class.  I should have prefaced that statement with "in most places", as not all societies treated their women like that.  
      November 4, 2017 5:37 PM MDT

Thank you for taking the time to contribute such a comprehensive, thoughtul and helpful analysis shuhak.  I am very troubled by the scope of it. Of course I knew there were sexual perverts. But so many? Kevin Spacey was a favorite actor. He is one of them. I think his career may be ruined. Every day more of them confess. Mental defects. Moral perverts. But American society doesn't give a rat's a**. The Donald John is on tape bragging about how he sexually abuses women. Bragged about it! BEFORE THE ELECTION! And he was elected prez anyway. Lots of women voted for him. SIGH. It is hopeless. When women condone sexual abuse what's the point of objecting? :(
      November 4, 2017 2:41 AM MDT

It's not an American thing, neither is it new. It's a money thing. It gets more air time in the States because the media is bigger there, that's all. The rich and powerful develop an entitlement mentality when it comes to sexuality - they can buy whatever they want, so they think that translates to buying whomever they want (and occasionally they're right, trophy wives are ubiquitous). How many mistresses did Charles II have?
      November 3, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

No, it's not a "money" thing either.

Oscar Wilde said it best. “Everything in the world is about sex except sexSex is about power.”
      November 3, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

Here's the thing Sbf. The Donald John bragged about his sexual abuse of women. He is on tape bragging. BEFORE THE ELECTION! He was elected prez anyway and many women voted for him. So they condone the abuse I suppose because they think they deserve it? When women condone it what can you do? I just didn't realize how widespread and deep it was and is. Careers are being ruined. It seems to be just the tip of the iceberg. If all sexual perverts/abusers are outed  I wonder how many that will be? Millions apparently.  Sure trophy wives are golddiggers. They will subject themselves to whatever indignities are required to live a privileged life. They rely on their beauty for that very purpose. They welcome it. Quid pro quo. Excluding them what about all the others who have been disrespected/attacked/abused who didn't welcome it or expect it?  Of course it is disgusting. Pervasive. Is it hundreds of millions? Billions? SIGH. Thank you for your reply.
      November 4, 2017 2:47 AM MDT

You mean such sick, perverse child molesters as Deanna Higgins, Mary Kay Letourneau, Debra Lafave,  Abbie Jane Swogger, Stephanie Ragusa, Lisa Lavoie and Amy McElhenney, to name but a very few.

All sicko (wo)men that used their "positions" to extract sexual favors from their victims. Or doesn't that count in your book?
      November 3, 2017 3:29 PM MDT

What is your reference source? How do you know of such things? What percentages of men AND women are pervs? What to you is sick and perverted? (Other than the obvious rape and sex with children)
      November 3, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

Oh, come on man! You know that there are far too few female perverts to match up all the male perverts.

And as to actual perversion . . . it's the difference between kinky and perverted. With kinky you use a feather. With perversion you need the whole chicken . . .  This post was edited by Salt and Red Pepper at November 4, 2017 6:24 AM MDT
      November 3, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

I'm not eating Chicken anymore if the Hen's are permisscurious and kinky to...... If it's really true what you say.....my sympathies lie with the poor old Cock .... :(D
      November 4, 2017 2:26 AM MDT

WAY too few kinky women LOL
      November 4, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

I personally find this type of humour quite Fowl.......:)D
      November 4, 2017 6:34 AM MDT