Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Ever been euphoric? About what, why, when?

Ever been euphoric? About what, why, when?

Posted - November 10, 2017

Responses

I lost a motorcycle race in 1973. Yes, I LOST but was euphoric for the rest of my life including today. It was a magical moment in my young life. You see, I had struggled for years to win a professional motorcycle race. I was racing on a budget and had the poorest equipment. No one would expect me to ever win anything. So on that day, at the Upper Sandusky, Ohio fairgrounds, I beat all the best riders in my class, including the nation's top guy. (in total points) I won my heat race, my semi-final, and led the final race UNTIL THE LAST LAP and ran outta gas! You would think I would be disappointed, but I was 'euphoric'. I figured I could win any time I wanted because I had led these other racers with ease. Well, I never had that much success ever again. 
      November 10, 2017 8:03 AM MST

An excellent example of what you are capable of doing.

Get an auxiliary gas tank in the guise of a counselor and finish your current race.

Then you will have all you need to win your current race.
      November 10, 2017 8:13 AM MST

((hugs)) What an AWESOME example to share with us bh!  Good job!  On that day you were the dark horse who came up on the sidelines and raced past the rest of the field! What a GREAT memory to have. What a GREAT accomplishment! Thank you for your splendid reply and Happy Saturday m'dear!
      November 11, 2017 2:18 AM MST

Thanx. A horse headed towards the glue factory but stopped by for a shot at the Kentucky Derby. That was me.
      November 11, 2017 6:32 AM MST

It's a mighty fine memory to have m'dear. How many others have accomplished that much in a sport they love who are not professionals? Professionals EARN their living at it. You wanted to do so however it just didn't work out for you. BUT you did have your moment in the sun and that still warms you after all these years! Lots of folks would treasure having such an accomplishment as that in their memories  bh! :)
      November 12, 2017 4:58 AM MST

cant remember, not sure what you mean by that
      November 10, 2017 2:48 PM MST