Active Now

Danilo_G
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you think that keeping paintings and other trinkets in the living room improves the general mood? Or are they just placebos?

Do you think that keeping paintings and other trinkets in the living room improves the general mood? Or are they just placebos?

Posted - November 24, 2017

Responses

A happy purring kitty cat does it well for me. Plants can help also.  Living things work best.
      November 24, 2017 1:53 AM MST

Anything more than a few feet from the computer is long term storage. 
      November 24, 2017 2:57 AM MST

a lot of memories hanging around...
    which is pretty cool
    Some just pure artwork
    which is cool as well...
      November 24, 2017 7:49 AM MST

BTW - Everyplace I have traveled, I bought the souvenir plate. Now I have 225 plates. If  were to display one per foot on five shelves, the display would be 45 feet long. It makes me feel nice to have such a unique collection, you know, as if I were real, but there is no particular reason why I would need to spend the money on furniture to hold it.
      November 24, 2017 7:52 PM MST

A lot of the crap people collect is just stuff that accumulates dust. Life should be about experiences, people, and relationships, not stuff. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at November 24, 2017 7:56 PM MST
      November 24, 2017 7:54 PM MST

Genesis 2:15 And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

Life consists of taking care of things. When a person feels his life is lousy, he goes looking for someone or something to take care of, or else there is no improvement. All you are saying is you don't like their choices.
      November 25, 2017 10:51 AM MST

And all you're doing is quoting a book written a long time ago. But we don't all take the bible literally, so your whole premise is of limited use and value. It convinces me of and proves nothing.
      November 25, 2017 12:48 PM MST

Ok, you've been told. You're on your own now.
      November 25, 2017 5:28 PM MST

Haven't you figured out yet that the bible is all about self-fulfilling prophecy? It's only true if you believe it is, and if you don't, it's not. There's no provable, objective reality. And you haven't told me anything worth knowing. It's just your own stuff based on your own bias. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at November 25, 2017 5:36 PM MST
      November 25, 2017 5:35 PM MST

How does it happen that you understand but you don't understand? 

Science is anything that can be measured. Spirit is anything that can not be measured. Science is powered by logic and evidence. Spirit is powered by believing and wisdom. No connection. Stop trying to prove or disprove spiritual things with science.
      November 28, 2017 2:58 AM MST

Perhaps you're unaware of it, but you basically agree with me. You say that spiritual things cannot be measured. If that is so, then there's no provable, objective reality that they exist at all. Faith is just belief in spite of the existence of such reality - the very epitome of self-fulfilling prophecy.
      November 28, 2017 3:06 AM MST