Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » What was your favorite 'bad' thing to do when you were a kid?

What was your favorite 'bad' thing to do when you were a kid?

When my parents were outside I used to like pilfering handfuls of raisins, currents and other kinds of treats from the cupboards or fridge. One of my favorite was eno salts with water for the fizz effect.

Posted - November 24, 2017

Responses

I guess skipping school and faking an excuse note.
      November 24, 2017 11:49 AM MST

I did that too This post was edited by Thriftymaid at November 24, 2017 8:48 PM MST
      November 24, 2017 2:35 PM MST

• Stealing my old man's firecrackers and some matches.   It felt damn near criminal as  9-10 year old.
      November 24, 2017 12:54 PM MST

i didnt do anything bad
      November 24, 2017 1:31 PM MST

I liked digging huge pits in the yard and get the hose and fill them with water so my sister and I could play in our mud pit. We also used the mud to build a ramp in the pit and fortify the walls. Only one pit remains today, it's now used as a mulch pit and the gopher tortoises love to pilfer the old veggies that get tossed in there. This post was edited by Patchouli at November 24, 2017 8:52 PM MST
      November 24, 2017 2:16 PM MST

I used to take Lucky Strikes out of my grandfather's room.  I'm still not sure why I did it; probably just to get away with something really bad.
      November 24, 2017 2:38 PM MST

• Favorite BAD things to do as a kid?
    Honestly?

I found my parents "Adult movies" when I was about 9 years old so if no one was home I'd watch those after school.

One time I was playing in an empty house with some other kids.
    We just went in the window because nobody lived there and as we were leaving the cops pulled up and I hopped on my bike and peddled as fast as I could home.
    I went inside, put on a different color shirt and went to the arcade.
    Then one of my other friends who was there found me and said that he gave the cops all of our names and they would be calling our parents.

Then when I was 10 we moved to a farm.
    The keys were in the ashtrays in all of the trucks on the farm.
    If nobody was home I took EVERY vehicle in the yard for a drive down the road to the corner and back.
    Even my grandpa's vehicles, that's how I learned to drive aa truck with 3 on the tree.

I used to walk down to where all the old broken vehicles were on the farm and smash the windows until my grandpa caught me.

Then when I became a teenager and got my license it just got worst.
    There's a million "Bad things."

I try to be a better person now, I guess?
    It doesn't always work out.

November 24, 2017 2:45 PM MST

As an adolescent I drank and did drugs, cut school, was surly to my parents, hung out with town boys and stayed out all night. Then ran away from home to became a hippie living with a band in San Francisco. 
      November 24, 2017 3:19 PM MST

We would hide behind the guard rail and squirt water at cars passing by. It was 1959 and we used an old dish soap bottle. A guy with a freshly waxed car stopped and complained to mother.  That was the end of that. 
      November 24, 2017 5:43 PM MST

You should have been sent to juvy.
      November 24, 2017 5:47 PM MST

(currants)

November 24, 2017 8:50 PM MST