Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Who names their kid Baron?

Who names their kid Baron?

a member of the lowest order of the British nobility. The term “Baron” is not used as a form of address in Britain, barons usually being referred to as “Lord.”

LORD Trump?  Get a life, Donald.  You have to name your kid a title?

Posted - July 30, 2016

Responses

I don't think it looks stupid either way.  I've been a Barons fan for many years.

July 30, 2016 6:54 PM MDT

What's THAT?

I was trying to attempt a bad joke.  What is a Baron to be a fan of?

July 30, 2016 9:06 PM MDT

One of Trump´s apprentices named his child Duke ( since Baron was already taken ).....SMH

July 30, 2016 9:15 PM MDT

My hometown was close to Birmingham where the Barons MILB team lives.  We went to many games which kids just love.  It's more fun than major league ball since it's cheaper  and easier to get to and from.  Good memories.  The Barons team is an affiliate of the Chicago White Sox.  Where I live now we have an affiliate team of the Rays.  

July 30, 2016 10:13 PM MDT

Baron (variation Baran) is also a surname of Russian Jewish origin. It happens to be my family name and I'm quite proud of it. Mr. Trump's son's name is actually Barron. Whatever we may think of Donald, why drag his kid into it?
      July 30, 2016 11:01 PM MDT

I think there are far more significant things about which we should criticize The Donald.

Some people choose weird names for their children. In the book Freakanomics, they tell a story about a man who named two of his sons Winner and Loser. Loser went on to long career in law enforcement. Winner ended up with a long prison sentence.

My nephew's middle name is Barrington.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrington_Hall_(Berkeley,_California)

And then, of course, there's God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_Shammgod

July 30, 2016 11:13 PM MDT

And, of course, George Foreman, who named each of his five sons George and one of his seven daughters Georgetta.
      July 30, 2016 11:23 PM MDT

Well, you do not watch much TV then.   That is all I can offer after THAT last comment. Are you serious?  He cannot tell the truth if his life depended on it.  Do NOT try and act like this is a sane person we are talking about here.   Of COURSE he knows we know the kid is not a titled lord of the manner, but the name implies nobility if you are a white New Jersey moron who has solid gold fixtures on his bathtub. 

If you have a Gigantic sign with your name in lights whenever possible, Barron just fits the bill as the prodigy of his loins. 

July 31, 2016 12:20 AM MDT

Old

LOOK YOU.  Do NOT stick up for him again, ever.   

EVER. 

hee hee

July 31, 2016 12:32 AM MDT

StuB

Baron I, Baron II, ....

Yes, I can see Duck er Trump Dynasty unfolding before my horrified eyes. 

July 31, 2016 12:32 AM MDT

Did he live in Hazard?

July 31, 2016 12:36 AM MDT

Er, um, do you even know what Jim Crowe means?

:|
      July 31, 2016 12:50 AM MDT

I'm not defending ANYONE, Randella.
    ~
      July 31, 2016 12:51 AM MDT

The whole disgusting spectacle (a/k/a America's presidential 'election') nauseates me.  Normally I'm a news junkie, but here lately I actually dread turning on what passes for 'news.'

Anyway, you're welcome. :-)

July 31, 2016 2:48 AM MDT

Trump's not that smart. :-)

July 31, 2016 2:51 AM MDT

Actually, Sharon, I do not watch TV at all.  Regardless of what I think of Trump, or any other politician for that matter (and fyi...none of them rank very high in my book), what they chose/choose to name their children is off the table for me.  I can attack their positions/policies, their integrity, their performance, their record...but I leave their kids out of it, period.  And that includes what their parents chose to name them.

July 31, 2016 6:25 PM MDT