Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » I feel empty and old. Cold and alone. Must I still paste a fake smile as I go about my daily pointless life, always awaiting death?
D&D

I feel empty and old. Cold and alone. Must I still paste a fake smile as I go about my daily pointless life, always awaiting death?

Posted - December 9, 2017

Responses

No.  You shouldn't and even mustn't.  We all go through the Dark Night of the Soul. You must sit in this and realize that you need to be in this place for now, so you manage how to get out of it. 

I have been there.  There is no faking it when you are in mental anguish.

I care and I know what you mean.

Trust (and that is all you can do at present) that things do lift and life does extend relief to this.  When you are in it, it feels like this is the only state of existence there is.  I wanted to kill myself when going through this and realized it might not end after death.  So I weathered through it and came out the other side. 

But that does not mean I have any answers as to how to handle suffering.  I handle it still.  It is just as scary, but I know in my heart that it is just my mind doing this to me and not what is really happening.

You are a good and worthwhile human.  WE CARE.  HOPE that makes you smile --for just a second even-- on some deeper  level. 

LOVE

Sharonna. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 9, 2017 8:44 PM MST
      December 9, 2017 10:53 AM MST

Doesn't it take a lot of energy to keep that going? 

~
      December 9, 2017 11:12 AM MST

I mean that's what I do.
      December 9, 2017 11:32 AM MST

I always found solace in my work and children. Now I come here. This is a safe place with lots of great people. Perhaps you can find some relief here. This post was edited by Element 99 at December 10, 2017 12:43 PM MST
      December 9, 2017 12:47 PM MST

Why should you need to have a fake smile?   Get over yourself and get exercising and helping others and start developing interests outside yourself and realize you should be constantly grateful for this life you have been given and that life is what you make it. 
      December 9, 2017 1:01 PM MST

Why should I be grateful to be in hell? Your callousness makes me wonder if you're a sadist.
      December 10, 2017 12:28 AM MST

Depression is a treatable illness.  Seek help.
      December 9, 2017 1:08 PM MST

maybe you should get some help if you need it
      December 9, 2017 4:32 PM MST

Yes. I often find that when you project what you want in life, even though life might not be projecting the same thing, the projection you project, no matter how untrue, becomes true eventually.
      December 10, 2017 12:52 AM MST

"If you say you can't you're right.  If you say you can, you're right too." 
      December 10, 2017 1:54 AM MST