Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » You're thirsty and the more you drink the thirstier you get till you are frenzied and drinking pails of water. Are you dying?

You're thirsty and the more you drink the thirstier you get till you are frenzied and drinking pails of water. Are you dying?

Or are you just a greedy SOB for whom enough is never enough and more is always out there calling to you, taunting you, enticing you. You take more than you need all the time. Your need becomes ever greater. RIP.

Posted - December 11, 2017

Responses

It's refreshing to see that I am not alone in posting silly questions. 

December 11, 2017 8:45 AM MST

You would have diabetes.

December 11, 2017 11:10 AM MST

Is thirst a hallmark of having Diabetes Sharon? My question is a metaphor depicting those who have tons and tons and tons and tons of stuff and want more and more and more and more.  The hole within  they try to fill with stuff gets larger and larger and larger. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      December 12, 2017 4:55 AM MST

no but you might be a diabetic if youre that thirsty
      December 11, 2017 4:59 PM MST

Probably---I am apparently suffering from plasmolysis after drinking seawater.
      December 11, 2017 5:55 PM MST

I don't know if you' re teasing me tom or you are serious. I looked up the word never having heard it before. It didn't help. My question was a metaphor depicting those whose empty space within gets larger and larger and larger the more they try to fill it up with stuff. It is never enough. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! : This post was edited by RosieG at December 12, 2017 4:52 AM MST
      December 12, 2017 4:50 AM MST

It was a playful response on my part.

When you drink seawater, the water in your cells is drawn out of the cells by the process of osmosis to offset the high salinity of the salt water. 

I didn't pick up on your metaphor (I understand it now), but I have a hard time relating to it personally. 

December 12, 2017 12:29 PM MST