Discussion » Questions » Music » If there's music playing nearby as you're reading this, what question could you form based on what you're hearing?

If there's music playing nearby as you're reading this, what question could you form based on what you're hearing?

It can be anything about the song, such as the lyrics, the tune, the musical instruments being used, the singer(s), the group/band, where are they now suppositions, concerts that you attended where it was played, the genre, the year of release, its use in a movie or television show or a product commercial, any memories it call to mind, where you were when you heard it for the first time, dances associated with it, its video, how much you either like it or dislike it, etc.
~

Posted - December 16, 2017

Responses

Id conclude my grandson who is asleep in the other room right now has bugle butt.
      December 16, 2017 7:08 AM MST

[That's not a question.]

:|

December 16, 2017 7:34 PM MST

You are correct big guy, -cough- Let me try this again...

Who is playing the bugle in the other room?  Must be my grandson taking a nap and farting in his sleep?
      December 17, 2017 5:47 AM MST

December 17, 2017 7:38 AM MST

It must be very windy where you live then by the sound of it......:)D
      December 17, 2017 2:47 AM MST

Yes, but you learn to get BEHIND it in a BREEZE. lol
      December 17, 2017 5:48 AM MST

Was that the best you could do?
      December 16, 2017 1:48 PM MST

no, i like the quiet better
      December 16, 2017 4:43 PM MST

Hint: The album cover is all black but has a stage light that shines down on an elaborate drum set and drumsticks. It was done in the early 1970s.  Who is this band? This post was edited by Merlin at December 17, 2017 5:49 AM MST
      December 16, 2017 8:04 PM MST

I couldn't even begin to guess.  I don't know one album cover from another. 
    ~
      December 16, 2017 8:18 PM MST

Drat!!  Me either!!! :s :D !  I was hoping someone did. It has been driving Don and me nuts the past few days.  We used to have the album and can't, for the life of us, remember whose album it was!
    It was perfect for you to ask this question right now without even knowing our dilemma; so, I would like to say, "Thank you," anyway for inadvertently trying to get us our answer, too :)"

Right now, to sincerely ask the question that you asked us to ask in your question (boy that was a doozy!!)  Try this one out.  It pertains to what is one the TV right now:  (This should be pretty easy)

I'll bet my last penny you know this song or have at least said the title this time of year.
    It's a seasonal song that came out in the 1950s and was made popular by a very famous singer and dancer.  It's the name of the album, the song and the movie.  It has to do with weather around Christmas and something many of us dream about happening.  It is mostly set in Vermont.  What is the name of this song/movie/ and who is the artist? 
    (I had to try and make it a touch hard with the artist but I think this is the easiest song to get, ever!)  "Name that Tune!!!"  Winks and smiles! This post was edited by Merlin at December 17, 2017 5:49 AM MST
      December 17, 2017 12:15 AM MST

All of that songs sounds like "White Christmas" as sung by Bing Crosby!

What do I win?

~

This post was edited by Randy D at December 17, 2017 5:49 AM MST
      December 17, 2017 1:43 AM MST

Image result for White Christmas with Bing crosby movie pictures

Ding!!  Ding!!  Ding!!  Right you are!!!  I take my Santa hat off to you!  You've won the prize under door #3!  A trip to Vermont where I hear it is snowing oodles this year!  You and a guest just need to jump on Santa's sleigh when he comes by your home Christmas Eve.  Once dropped off, you and your guest will enjoy a weekend of skiing, cuddling near a fire, and being filled with season cheer!!  Congratulations!!  Big winks and smiles!  Love, Merlin
      December 17, 2017 2:10 AM MST

Merle and Don, I just went to google images and used keywords 1970s Album Covers. After scrolling through the hundreds of selections, here are the three closest ones I could find:

I doubt either one of them is correct, but please let me know. 

~

December 17, 2017 1:34 AM MST

Image result for pictures of people hugging

Thank You Randy D for trying and putting forth the extra effort!!  You are a very sweet and nice man and friend.  We appreciate it.  AND... to no big surprise, we DO have all 3 of these albums!  Great try and again, thank you so much for going the extra mile.  Love ya! 
      December 17, 2017 2:00 AM MST

I forgot to mention, Yes, we do have those albums and great ones they are :)  No, those aren't that one.  After all the hundreds of album covers, did you want to play a couple of them??  I know I would have :)))) This post was edited by Merlin at December 17, 2017 5:49 AM MST
      December 17, 2017 2:03 AM MST

• Pink floyd?
      December 17, 2017 2:07 AM MST

Awweee, thank you for guessing Gypsking.  You are very kind.  No, unfortuantely it is not a Pink Floyd album cover either but a great guess, just the same.  Thanks for trying :) This post was edited by Merlin at December 17, 2017 7:25 AM MST
      December 17, 2017 2:15 AM MST

• Is Big Mama Thornton right when she said everything will be allright, or is it just good blues making me feel that way?
      December 16, 2017 9:22 PM MST

• Do you like W.B. Yeats put to music?
      December 16, 2017 9:29 PM MST

• I’m quite good at remembering useless information. When I work, the radio is always on and we play guess the song title and then bonus points for more obscure questions like the year it was released and so on
      December 17, 2017 2:04 AM MST

Me too on both accounts.  I have the radio on 95 percent of my life.  Sleeping, traveling, driving, eating, at work, etc.  My brain also has the silly notion to remember the MOST Trivial information about something and lets the Big things slip by.  I think it does that just to irritate me.  Be giggles!
      December 17, 2017 2:29 AM MST

Thanks, G-King, I find it interesting and your reply is great, but it should be in the form of a question. 

~
      December 17, 2017 8:22 AM MST

Would anyone like an ice cream ! 
      December 17, 2017 2:17 AM MST