Active Now

moose73630
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Do you like to be in the countryside or are you a city dweller?

Do you like to be in the countryside or are you a city dweller?

Posted - December 17, 2017

Responses

I live in the city in a nice neighborhood. It is very convenient.
      December 17, 2017 7:22 AM MST

I'm like Smitty from the City: I don't do small towns.
    ~
      December 17, 2017 7:41 AM MST

I live on a farm pretty much in the middle of nowhere so I'm a country person.

I'm seven miles from town (which has a population of about 1300) and I can't see my neighbor's house.  The county I live in doesn't have traffic signals so most people would probably think this really is the middle of nowhere!

I can do all kinds of noisy things on my property like turn my stereo all the way up (but now that I have kids I won't) and there's nobody around to complain!

So yeah, I go to the city sometimes but just to visit. I just wouldn't want to live there.
      December 17, 2017 7:53 AM MST

• Country life. There's no real sense of community or uniting culture in a city. Plus you can't do very much but spend money on crap.  I don't see one single positive to living in the city unless one  needed constant hospital care.   I find cities gross, offensive, wasteful, and stifling. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 18, 2017 11:19 AM MST
      December 17, 2017 8:26 AM MST

I live in both....but like the country more.....London is not a nice place anymore....
      December 17, 2017 8:26 AM MST

• I'm a country girl. 
      December 17, 2017 1:56 PM MST

city, i need the buses since i dont drive
      December 17, 2017 4:43 PM MST

I'm sort of half and half: modestly sized town on a beautiful coast backed by lovely countryside!

I don't reckon that bloke in the heading video is a genuine country-lover.

Dressed like a model in a glossy hunting magazine's green-welly advertisement. 

Climbing over a gate well away from its hinges even though it has a spring catch on it so it can be opened. Or if it is chained & padlocked as it might be (can't properly tell), not realising - or ignoring - that if it can't be opened it's probably because there is no public right-of-way through it...

Not from an ad for the glossy magazine, perhaps?
      December 18, 2017 10:52 AM MST

• "Actually, I'm an unincorporated seaside community and census-designated dweller that likes being in the countryside and doesn't like big cities."

December 18, 2017 11:09 AM MST

I would love to be wealthy enough to afford being away from the world.  But not far enough where I cannot access a nice city.

I'm too chicken and set in my ways to just rough it any more. But if given the choice in my present circumstances, I need a big city.
      December 18, 2017 11:14 AM MST