Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Paranormal » What is a question you would like to ask a psychic reader?P

What is a question you would like to ask a psychic reader?P

Palm reader, tarot card reader, astrologist, numerologist -whatever you choose. 

Posted - December 20, 2017

Responses

• "Did you ever watch the TV Series "The Mentalist?"

("There's no such thing as psychics.")
      December 20, 2017 1:32 AM MST

Never seen that series -looks interesting.  I haven't watched TV for about 6 or 7 years now.
    I've seen evidence of psychic ability;  everyone has to some degree -some more so than others. It's a product of the subconscious,  not a supernatural thing.
      December 20, 2017 2:03 AM MST

•    The question above the video is my answer-question to your question. :)

Anyway ... I found it very interesting and I'm not trying to sell anything here.  I liked the series because I've always been interested in the power of the mind.  The power of the mind isn't taught in school, but you'd be surprised what you can learn about it if you make it a life goal.
    You're right ... it's not a supernatural thing, but it IS a conscious ability.  How many times have you been talking to someone and you know they're lying to you.  That's reading that person's mannerisms, facial expression, etc. and when you've done it for a living, like a detective, lawyer, doctor ... you get good at it.  Anyway, let me bore you with another short clip from the show, that I really liked, that demonstrates a little about what I've been saying ....

I looked into it after seeing this video and there are studies that say a male will choose "Rock, " the first time, 70% of the time. (it's a male thing ... :) )  Observation, knowing the odds, mannerisms, etc.  
       I used to work selling admission tickets at a drive-in theater.  After a while, I could spot someone trying to sneak someone in, in their trunk ... like they had it painted on their forehead! 
       Finally, I don't watch TV either.  I bought the series on DVD.
      December 20, 2017 3:03 AM MST

I must both agree and disagree with both of you.  What we call "psychic phenomena" can be either a product of the conscious or subconscious mind, but it can also originate from neither.  I don't consider it "supernatural", simply something that occurs naturally but that we are, as yet, unable to explain.  I have personally experienced all three types. 
      December 20, 2017 3:18 AM MST

• I don't know a lot about it ... wish I did.  Real or not, "that we are, as yet, unable to explain" it ... intrigues me. :)
      December 20, 2017 3:54 AM MST

It is an interesting subject, one that has intrigued man for millenia. Governments, including our own, have quietly studied it for decades. My own interest has been fueled by my personal experiences. There aren't really any hard and fast answers out there, despite how long mankind has sought them.

By that phrase I mean that all the things we have discovered/explained through scientific research did not suddenly come into existence upon our discoveries. :) 
      December 20, 2017 4:24 AM MST

• About the phrase ... I understand.  It's like I consider the term "science fiction" a misnomer.  Should be more like "science undiscovered" or something.  :)
      December 20, 2017 4:35 AM MST

Yup.  "Science fiction-for-now"  or "the uninvented future".  Lol
      December 20, 2017 4:42 AM MST

• It looks good. Might have a look if it’s on Netflix 
      December 20, 2017 3:41 AM MST

All interesting stuff. No video there, just a blank space 
      December 20, 2017 7:10 AM MST

Ok got the video now. This post was edited by Kittigate at December 20, 2017 9:40 AM MST
      December 20, 2017 7:18 AM MST

I have watched this show and really liked it. Another good one is Psych.
      December 20, 2017 3:46 AM MST

• Yes ... I've watched Psych as well.  Welcome to AnswerMug, LostChild.  Enjoy your stay here. :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 20, 2017 4:16 AM MST
      December 20, 2017 4:00 AM MST

Thank you. I didn't think I'd make it here to be honest. I waited and waited for my account to be approved, it took over 24 hours. I replied to an email I received when I applied and it bounced back as undeliverable. I finally found a link on the site to contact the administrators, and was told my request ended up in the SPAM file. Right after that, my account was approved. I've been on several other Q&A sites over the years and this is the first one that didn't automatically approve a request. From the small amount of time I've been on here, it looks like I will enjoy being a part of the activities. Love your profile pic. 
      December 20, 2017 4:23 AM MST

•    Glad you made it through the screening. It's not always been as tight as it's been lately, although when the site first started it's membership was by invitation only. That didn't last too long. It was mostly to avoid too many problems while the site was forming.
       Thanks for the avatar compliment ... I only use this one during the Christmas season, but I'm sure you'll recognize my regular one when you see it. (same guy ... no outfit)
      December 20, 2017 4:46 AM MST

I still watch that show on weekends. Still gets chuckles out of me. 
      December 20, 2017 5:50 AM MST

No need. If they're any good, they'll know what I'm about to ask before I ask it.
      December 20, 2017 1:33 AM MST

Ask why they are not rich from accurately choosing winning lottery numbers..  But psychic ability can sometimes work in mysterious ways. 
      December 20, 2017 2:09 AM MST

While psychic phenomena is real, people claiming they can harness the ability to tell others their future are generally charlatans who pick up on clues that people give off and use it to give broad and vague "predictions".  
      December 20, 2017 2:30 AM MST

For business purposes psychic readings are classed as entertainment but there are people who take it too seriously maybe because the reader managed to get just one thing right. 
      December 20, 2017 2:39 AM MST

When one of them "gets it right" it tends to be a "broad and vague" prediction that when something later happens that falls within that "broad and vague" range, the person who really wants to believe can use that to convince themselves the prediction was accurate. This post was edited by Bozette at December 20, 2017 3:16 AM MST
      December 20, 2017 2:49 AM MST

"If you're any good, why do I have to call you? Why haven't you called me?"
      December 20, 2017 4:02 AM MST

• I don't believe that "psychic readers" have any special ability, so I wouldn't ask them questions that were any different from what I would ask anyone else. I hope I could get beyond "how about that weather we're having?" though. Or perhaps "how about that weather we're going to have?"
      December 20, 2017 12:06 PM MST

I happen to know a tarot reader who is pretty darn accurate, but I wouldn't get a reading. I don't want to know. If something's going to go south, at least I will have gained life experience and perhaps smelled some roses along the way. There are some journeys you have to embark on even when you know it will end poorly, and I wouldn't want to be stripped of my optimism beforehand.
      December 20, 2017 12:17 PM MST