Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Do you enjoy using the subway?

Do you enjoy using the subway?

Ive used the underground in London before. Never found it a pleasant experience. 

Posted - December 20, 2017

Responses

I might if we had them here. 
      December 20, 2017 5:48 AM MST

• "Not yet."  The only Subway I've ever
     used sold sandwiches ...  those I enjoyed.  :)

December 20, 2017 5:50 AM MST

• I always have a bmt on hearty Italian bread cheese and toasted with lettuce, red onion, tomato and mayo. I could eat one now This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 20, 2017 5:54 AM MST
      December 20, 2017 5:54 AM MST

No... I suffer with Tunnel vision and had to Train myself to cope with a Hole lot if things.... Mine is geetting better though.... :)D 
      December 20, 2017 6:07 AM MST

I've used the one in Sydney. No better or worse than any other train, tbh.
      December 20, 2017 7:19 AM MST

• I've taken BART before. It's known for being dirty and crime-ridden and it's extremely loud when it goes underground. So I can safely say that I don't like it. 
      December 20, 2017 9:35 AM MST

i used to live in nyc when i was a kid and i enjoyed riding it
      December 24, 2017 4:06 PM MST

I've not visited London very often so have not used the Underground much at all, but I didn't find it unpleasant. I've also considerable respect for those who designed and built the system; plus a lay interest in civil and mechanical engineering generally, so am more likely to be intrigued than deterred.

Mind you, my journeys were well away from peak times when many of its stations and trains can become very crowded. My mother was once in that situation and found it very frightening. I would not want that, and I'm glad it was never that bad on my visits.

Last time I used it was from one main-line terminus, Waterloo,  to another, King's Cross, a few years ago; and I was impressed by the massive refurbishing work that had gone into it, making it a lot more inviting than the older parts of the system used to be.
      January 13, 2018 5:25 PM MST