Active Now

Danilo_G
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » What is the strangest gift you ever received for X-Mass?

What is the strangest gift you ever received for X-Mass?

Image result for gifs of straight jackets

Posted - December 21, 2017

Responses

• smiles .... We used to do "gag gifts" in my family. 
    I once got 20 separate cigarettes (they took the pack apart)
    inside a large cardboard box filled with shredded newspaper.

December 21, 2017 6:07 AM MST

HAHAHHA OMG Thats a riot. Do you even smoke?
      December 21, 2017 8:45 AM MST

• I did then ... :)
      December 21, 2017 10:07 AM MST

Im glad you dont anymore. Im still struggling with my cigar habit. ;(
      December 21, 2017 10:09 AM MST

• Well ... I don't know what to say.  If you'd have bought me that Ferrari ...
    you wouldn't be able to afford cigars anymore, but ............  :(

December 21, 2017 10:18 AM MST

Image result for gifs of funny looking carsHere you go. Sorry, its all I could afford. ;+
      December 21, 2017 10:21 AM MST

• My heart's all a flutter.  My first, used, wrecked Ferrari.  Good luck with your cigar habit. :)
      December 21, 2017 10:45 AM MST

A spoon carved from mahogany. I got it from a younger cousin, and instantly classified it as a 'desparation gift' chosen because his mom had dragged him along on a We are going to buy Chrismas presents trip.

As it turns out it was one of the most usefull gifts I ever got. I still have it and use it daily for putting sugar in my tea
      December 21, 2017 7:27 AM MST

It sounds lovely. Its funny how things turn out sometimes, the thing you least expect to like, you like the best. Thanks JakobA ;)
      December 21, 2017 8:44 AM MST

• This is a true story. I was working as a credit manager for a major utility. One of my employees placed a package wrapped in plain brown paper on my desk one Christmas. The brown paper was secured with ordinary twine. I opened it to find a note with the following message written: "They shall beat their swords into plowshares and they will study war no more." The box contained a small star which was made from lead. My friend had taken a 58 caliber bullet(Minie Ball, as they are known, a 19th century ordnance) and had pounded the round flat and cut a star out of the flattened round. In one end a hole was drilled in which a cord was tied. It was a Christmas tree ornament. That little token has hung on my trees for the last 20 years. It's all made special by the fact that its maker is now deceased. The gentleman who gifted me with that star was a Civil War re-enactor and historian.
      December 21, 2017 2:48 PM MST

not getting gifts, thats strange
      December 22, 2017 4:47 PM MST

someone anonymously decorated my front porch with Christmas lights all over

- - strange as in "unexpected." And lovely and heart warming.
      January 1, 2018 8:54 PM MST