Active Now

Shuhak
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » What Christmas tradition do you participate in that's unique to your family?

What Christmas tradition do you participate in that's unique to your family?

Posted - December 22, 2017

Responses

We have a church 'deacon' in the family who puts on Christmas piano concerts at area churches. 
      December 22, 2017 2:11 PM MST

• We bring as many people together as possible for food and presents after which we have someone read the Christmas Story from the Bible. One Christmas I recited "One Solitary Life" for the gathering. It was an emotional moment for me.
      December 22, 2017 2:50 PM MST

i dont, never been much into christmas since i grew up in a jewish home
      December 22, 2017 3:42 PM MST

• "A Life Savers Candy Book under the Christmas tree."

(they are getting harder to find, for sale, with each passing year) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at December 23, 2017 9:28 AM MST
      December 22, 2017 3:43 PM MST

My family units usually do not seek one another's company.
      December 22, 2017 4:19 PM MST

We go out for Mexican food Christmas Eve.
      December 22, 2017 10:38 PM MST

When the kids were growing up we were the house that had lasagna all day on Christmas.  I would make four or five pans of it.  Everybody came by and served themselves .  Christmas night was spent with our best friends who are Jewish. We did Hanukkah with them and they did Christmas with us.   We always played board games until morning.  I don't drink alcohol but it always made its way into the gathering by nighttime Christmas.   Also, the kids and I put a Christmas nail in our tree trunk before it became a popular thing.  It's such a meaningful tradition I'm happy to see that more and more people do it.   
      December 23, 2017 2:30 AM MST