Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What do you do with your Pringles potato crisps/chips besides eating them ? We use them as fire lighters ....

What do you do with your Pringles potato crisps/chips besides eating them ? We use them as fire lighters ....

They are 30% oil and fat and catch alight and burn instantly.......I can't see how they are fit for human consumption....
Do you know of any other food products that can be used other then for eating..... . . . ? 

Posted - December 23, 2017

Responses

I had a boyfriend who worked for Procter & Gamble at the time Pringles came into creation.  He loved them because they were neatly stacked and uniform in a handy container.  How anyone can confuse this with a real potato chip (formerly known as junk food) is beyond me.  Because they put the word potato chip on the front of the container?   It looked like a bad model of a chip made by a 10-year-old. 

It was the most tasteless crap on the market.  It tastes like sawdust and cardboard, sugar and salt.

UGH.  I'm sure it is responsible for cancer if eaten enough.

Garbage. Swill.  and not for a normal human pallet.  

If Sauron of Mordor, the great corruptor of all things good and wholesome, had a potato, this is what he would have manufactured.

Orc Food. 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at December 23, 2017 8:08 AM MST
      December 23, 2017 7:45 AM MST

Why do people buy such junk foods....obesity is on the rise everywhere it seems....
      December 23, 2017 7:59 AM MST

Has been for ages now.  I'm glad you are aware and take caution, NJ.   We have enough things to die from naturally already, without slowly poisoning ourselves by eating something that tastes like cardboard and not even remotely yummy.
      December 23, 2017 8:10 AM MST

If you've got to chew it for ages it's gotta be good for you....don't over cook veg and where possible eat it raw....
      December 23, 2017 8:21 AM MST

Yes.  Raw Raw Raw!!!

December 23, 2017 8:38 AM MST

I have a container of them. 10% total fat. I will try the fire-starter thingy, too. This post was edited by Element 99 at December 23, 2017 9:52 AM MST
      December 23, 2017 9:50 AM MST

• "Alternative uses for food?  Nothing comes to mind."

December 23, 2017 10:22 AM MST

i dont use or eat them at all
      December 23, 2017 2:58 PM MST