Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
Shuhak
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What might be reasons mainstream media has to blur the lines in everything from personal conduct and gender to what it even means to be

What might be reasons mainstream media has to blur the lines in everything from personal conduct and gender to what it even means to be

human? Is the corruption of images that are good under way?

Posted - January 1, 2018

Responses

• We are living in an epoch broadly known as the Post-Modernist, or Pluralist.
    In means that for many of the intelligentsia (scientists excluded) no "truth" is considered to have any greater validity than any other, irrespective of evidence or logic; rather, every individual's view has equal validity. 
    Since 1980, this view has trickled through into the wider society via university education and propagation through the media in countless different ways.
    There are intellectuals who have successfully challenged Pluralism and provided new directions, but their ideas have not yet reached our broader culture.
      January 1, 2018 8:43 AM MST

• Our preconceptions are what creates the blurring, not the media.
    For instance, in Crocodile Dundee II, Hoges meets a woman at a party whom he finds very attractive, and then gets a nasty shock when he discovers "she" has balls. But Hoges has been fooled by the way the character dressed and behaved, while a gay-butch man looking for queen would have known exactly who he was meeting. Hoges, due to cultural conditioning, made the mistake of looking at the wrong cues.

The lines are not really blurred at all.
    Take a look at the wrists and ankles of men and women.
    No matter what they are wearing or how they are behaving, nothing can change the relative size and proportions of these joints. The gender is always unmistakably clear.

January 1, 2018 9:09 AM MST

• They are evil
      January 1, 2018 9:20 AM MST

not sure
      January 1, 2018 1:59 PM MST

I'm not even sure what you are trying to ask. That might be because I have zero exposure to mainstream media.
      January 1, 2018 5:55 PM MST