Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » If technology was developed where you could hand write your material on the screen and upload instead of typing -would you prefer that?

If technology was developed where you could hand write your material on the screen and upload instead of typing -would you prefer that?

Posted - January 4, 2018

Responses

I'm not sure; with my big ol' man-hands, it might seem a bit awkward on a screen the size of a smart phone, but then again, that's also what I thought about touch-screen technology before I first tried it. I thought my thumb would/could never single out specific keys on a keyboard screen. 

Good premise, I like your way of thinking. 
    :)
      January 4, 2018 6:20 AM MST

Such technology already exists. Samsung Note products, Microsoft Surface Pro, Lenovo's Think Pads, and I'm sure there are many others. 

January 4, 2018 6:33 AM MST

i might
      January 4, 2018 3:59 PM MST

January 4, 2018 4:12 PM MST

And if you can't spell, there is always twitter.
      January 4, 2018 4:20 PM MST

No.  The typewriter keys are attached to my fingers.  I wouldn't want it any other way.

January 4, 2018 4:18 PM MST

No.  I don't speak to it either.  That is why all of the online text, 100% some days, has errors that make the authors look like idiots.   It's like every article I read has spelling and grammatical errors.  I send emails about it too.  People should not act like it doesn't matter. 

We lost another child, an 11 year old, recently because she was walking with headphones on playing with her phone and walked in front of a train.  I couldn't believe that when I read it last night.  Living zombies....................they're heerreeeee.
      January 5, 2018 2:27 AM MST

Autocorrect would have a field day!
      January 5, 2018 5:06 AM MST

It's bad enough trying to use those signature-screens written on with a stylus, used by couriers and postmen when delivering a parcel. My signature never looked anything like my normal ink-on-paper squiggle, nor did each resemble any of the other squiggles I made on these devices. So God knows how it would react to me writing something with technical terms and maybe the odd formula or two. :-) 
      January 18, 2018 2:07 PM MST