Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » When someone finally assassinates Trump, will it be declared a National Holiday more important than Christmas and New Year's combined?

When someone finally assassinates Trump, will it be declared a National Holiday more important than Christmas and New Year's combined?

Posted - January 6, 2018

Responses

You didn't learn much from Kathy Griffin's example, it seems. 

What if someone posted that about your beloved Queen Hil'?  Not such a hurmorous prospect then, is it?  Shoe on the other foot and all that sort of thing. 

~
      January 6, 2018 10:56 AM MST

Any reduction in the population of lying hypocrites is a welcome prospect in my book. 
      January 6, 2018 11:25 AM MST

What if someone posted it about a human being instead of a piece of excrement?

Oh, big difference. 
      January 6, 2018 12:37 PM MST

January 6, 2018 12:47 PM MST

Wait a second, don't you always tout your spirituality and/or your religiosity?  You're not being hypocritical to those concepts, are you?

(That last line isn't rhetorical, it's sarcasm brought about by feigned shock.)

January 6, 2018 1:11 PM MST

It might be celebrated at some level (I suspect Rosie will say a few hallelujahs), but not at the level of traditional winter festivals. I doubt any mourning would approach JFK levels (though Trump’s people will insist it is larger!). 

Personally, my money is on a stress and McD’s fueled heart attack, live on-air. 

Either way, it would be observed with a toast to freedom at my house, I might even contribute to the assassin’s legal defense fund. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 6, 2018 3:09 PM MST
      January 6, 2018 11:22 AM MST

I know this sounds like the same thing.  But why the hell is he still in that Oval Office Chair?  

He has clogged up the system so effectively with masses of court appearances by massive amounts of people, costing the government massive amounts of money.  Where is that figure being waived around, Donald Trump?  How much are your shennanigans (sp) costing us?  The only figures spread are what Hillary costs.

What a fkwad.

January 6, 2018 12:43 PM MST

Anecdote:

My oldest boy called me when his mother (my ex-wife) died a few years ago. 

My wife was rubbing my back when he called. 

She said she felt me tense up and knew something was about to happen.

After the call, I jumped up from the bed and started singing, "Ding-dong, the witch is dead...."

Less evil in the world---what's not to like?
      January 6, 2018 3:12 PM MST

Images of dancing munchkins....
      January 6, 2018 3:51 PM MST

Of course not.  :/     As much as I dislike the man AND his policies, I sure as hell wouldn't be celebrating his  assassination.  It is sickening to me, that anyone would be. 
      January 6, 2018 11:25 AM MST

Well, as Mark Twain admitted: " I have read many an obituary with pleasure."
      January 6, 2018 3:13 PM MST

God, I would not want that for anyone, especially the President of the United States. Its sick to think that way . So full of hate. ;(
      January 6, 2018 3:17 PM MST

• Very sick and very hateful indeed.
      January 8, 2018 7:37 AM MST

probably
      January 6, 2018 3:50 PM MST

Going a little too far, don't you think?
    I'm not fond of him or Hills, but I won't celebrate their death. That's kind of psychotic me thinks..
      January 6, 2018 6:01 PM MST

• You're kinda taking a beating on this question;)... I agree with majority.. maybe wouldn't be a national holiday... but maybe people would get 2 for 1 coupons for spray tan so could be orange on Anniversary of "hypothetical assassination"!!!... or at least a coupon for a Big Mac..... 

Lighten up, people. 
      January 6, 2018 9:02 PM MST

This sort of rhetoric is very dangerous. If the left goes that far, some elements of the right will retaliate in kind. 

If the left acts violently and significant numbers of people are seen to celebrate it, there will be a civil war. The left would lose. The military is on our side. The left wouldn't have a prayer. The national holiday would be to remember those who lost their lives.

If Trump were assassinated, you might laugh at first but you would be weeping before long. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at January 10, 2018 7:55 PM MST
      January 7, 2018 5:23 AM MST

YAY!!
      January 7, 2018 5:30 AM MST

I wish all who spoke of assassinating any President would be imprisoned.
      January 7, 2018 5:58 AM MST

Psycho much? Why do you think it's OK for anyone to be assassinated?
      January 8, 2018 10:22 AM MST

I don't like the man, but would be sickened to see him or anyone else assassinated. 
      January 10, 2018 12:44 PM MST