Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why are we legalizing marijuana when Trump is saying the Wall will stop all the drugs?

Why are we legalizing marijuana when Trump is saying the Wall will stop all the drugs?

Posted - January 8, 2018

Responses

Because Trump is an idiot for thinking a wall will stop drugs from getting here.
      January 8, 2018 11:37 AM MST

Sharonna~ You know I love ya sweets and I normally don't make a habit of answering ANY political questions.  Contradiction and confrontation about certain issues cause whirlwinds of mayhem.  I like to help people not disrupt them. 
    However
    I would like to share my thoughts on marijuana and here looks like a good place you might pause.
    I know people who are calling it a gateway drug.  I know all the bad rap it gets.  I also know I loved smoking pot for recreation.  I haven't in since I was a teen but probably my drinking would go down if I did. 
    I have never considered pot a "drug."  It grows right here, naturally, comes from the earth, helps soooooooo many dogs, cats, etc. with many ailments and does some humans too.  I am totally on your side.  I know it helped me through my adolescence.  It really did.  I was a  mess like most of us were.  It is not addictive.
    My dad has Parkinson's, along with other ailments.  His Parkinson's came on because of another drug he was taking.  It was a side-effect.
    I think if we were to strike out at any commemorate of drug-crazed money makers, we should go after the pharmacists who try to make a copy of a drug that is already here, naturally.  They turn around and sell them to us at incredibly inflated prices that nobody can righteously afford. 

I don't think putting a stupid wall up will stop anyone growing it in their back yard, creating hot houses, etc.  Yes.  Stupid is a good word to use here but so are the politics behind the idea.  He is doing this because he is playing a politician.  It is what "they" do.  I think he is talking more on the line of heavier drugs.  They'll bring it in via other resources.  The submarine and aircraft are also tools they will use.  There are mules that bring them through the boarder but I feel his main concern was the illegal immigration issues.  The wall will make drug smuggling a touch more difficult.  I would really like something done about the illegals.  If we can get a grasp on at least one of these two issues, it will have a major effect on the other.  This is a complex issue that calls for a lot of other side-effects.  Money out of our pockets is one of them.  Does the end justify the means?  I don't know.  

Thank you Sharonna for letting me share.  Have a great day! :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 9, 2018 6:48 AM MST
      January 8, 2018 12:33 PM MST

Well, I don't think it should be legalized, it IS a drug and most people cannot handle it.  I use it.  I think many people can handle it, but most people on the planet are MORONS or just are constitutionally incapable of handling it.  No one should just be able to buy it over the counter, that is for sure.

Trump is no politician.  He is a moron, plain and simple and so are the people who elected him.

Good to hear from you though.
      January 8, 2018 12:36 PM MST

I love ya Sharonna!  It's always fun to chat with you and I appreciate your brutal honesty :)  ((((((()))))))))!!

P.S. I totally agree with your MORON philosophy :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 9, 2018 6:48 AM MST
      January 8, 2018 1:03 PM MST

I do think that marijuana is a great medicine.  Like all medicines it needs to be handled with care.

Take care!!!!

P.s.  I really liked this show.  Did you ever see it? 

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at January 8, 2018 7:58 PM MST
      January 8, 2018 1:25 PM MST

I wish I could say Yes.  If they are showing re-runs or it is still on, I would like to see it someday.  If you liked it, I have a feeling I will too :) :)
    Love,
    Merlin
      January 8, 2018 8:05 PM MST

cause he wants to legalize it, not sure why
      January 8, 2018 2:20 PM MST

Because The Herb in it's best, bestest and besterest
    Form is grown within the  borders of  the USA
      January 8, 2018 4:51 PM MST

EXACTLY!!!
      January 8, 2018 8:05 PM MST

What, you got a problem with a little wacky tobaccy?
      January 8, 2018 8:12 PM MST

If the wall really stops marijuana imports the some people might turn to crime to get it. ;-))

Actually it was my impression the most marijuana in the US is home grown in the US.
      January 9, 2018 6:47 AM MST