Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Leader at Davos took a jab at the press. It is that obvious to the rest of the world that the media is biased against President Trump?

The Leader at Davos took a jab at the press. It is that obvious to the rest of the world that the media is biased against President Trump?

The founder of the World Economic Forum, Klaus Schwab: “Mr. President, the role of the United States and your personal leadership is absolutely essential. For this reason, your message here has tremendous relevance. Of course, I’m aware that your strong leadership is open to misconceptions and biased interpretations so it is so essential for us in the room to listen directly to you."

Posted - January 27, 2018

Responses

I see him being very diplomatic. I do not see any "jab at the press". Isnt it Trump who make jabs at "fake news"?
      January 27, 2018 7:39 AM MST

You don' see "open to misconceptions and biased interpretations" as a jab at the press? Many there did and CNN reporter Acosta was very upset over it.: "It was rather remarkable to hear the founder of this WEF also take jabs at the press and say that the president is the victim of biased interpretations and misconceptions,” Acosta said. “That was a fairly pitiful display.”
      January 27, 2018 8:05 AM MST

Nope, I see a very careull diplomat who give the person he is talking to an 'out' for a number is stupid statements he has mad publicly, and which have been noticed and laughed at by all but the most faithful Trumpeteers.
      January 27, 2018 8:17 AM MST

Acosta is no Trumpeteer.
      January 27, 2018 8:19 AM MST

I know he isnt. I rather assume you are.
      January 27, 2018 8:24 AM MST

Yes, I make no apologies for being a Trump supporter.

Well,  it is a topic both Acosta and I are in agreement.
      January 27, 2018 8:49 AM MST

I would imagine a fair number of the participants at Davos have had their own issues with press bias at times.  
      January 27, 2018 10:25 AM MST

Hmmm not everything can be taken at face value.. let's face it - most of the rest of the world despise Trump and think people took leave of their senses in voting for him,,,but we know too that creeps and aris lickers abound everywhere.. creeps are people who send out false flattery in the hope of gaining something favourable back... 

It's not easy to find out how Swiss view Trump but I did find this...

https://www.thelocal.ch/20180117/we-are-sorry-americans-in-switzerland-apologize-for-trump-prior-to-davos-visit
    This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at January 27, 2018 1:23 PM MST
      January 27, 2018 1:07 PM MST

How the swiss reacted to Trump winning the election...

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/mixed-reaction-in-swiss-capital-to-trump-victory-in-the-us-/42578980

it's only one source but it would stand for at least a reasonable percentage of the view. The Swiss are generally speaking a pretty smart bunch.. we know Americans generally speaking aren't very much in touch with the rest of the world and how it perceives things.. I mean no insult by that - just stating a fact many Americans themselves seem to agree on - they they aren't interested, don't care about the goings on in the rest of the world - a lack of interest and curiosity...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/anti-trump-protesters-march-switzerland-11903320
    This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at January 27, 2018 1:37 PM MST
      January 27, 2018 1:28 PM MST

That liberals acted out as a result of the US election by no means proves that the majority of the world/country/area hate President Trump. They did that stuff and in many states and Trump certainly won the majority of states. In fact the majority of the country.
      January 27, 2018 1:41 PM MST

Ahh with respect though.. you need to remember that the rest of the world doesn't fit into, adhere to or even recognise your American definition of liberal and non-liberal.. Many people go one something way more basic... decency and corruptness.. right and wrong.. moral and morally deficient...  I am no liberal, and the point is you cannot simply label anyone and everyone who hates him as liberal.. it's not only very naive but incorrect.. So as I say, I am no liberal,  but I despise the very ground the hateful one stands on... so you see, respectfully again -the very idea that one can arbitrarily dismiss the loathing of Trump which really IS the majority world wide by claiming and dismissively calling everyone liberals..  
    One can hardly compare the rest of the world to America too... that's kinda the point.. the rest of the world has a very different attitude to America and especially to Trump.

I am afraid that most of the rest of the world really don't like him. and DO think he is bad for America, will cause more hardship and isolation, denigration etc of your country and that he is bad for the world because of that.. Let's face it. America suffers it has a knock on effect 

PS is it not true that Trump may have won but didn't win the popular or majority vote? 
      January 27, 2018 2:17 PM MST

He won the majority of the country as the red map above shows. If you eliminate the count of California all together...Trump did win the popular vote. There are states where he won every district. Call it whatever you want....you follow American politics so you know what I am talking about. 
      January 27, 2018 4:04 PM MST

Yes, indeed I know what you are talking about. My American friends tell me, and we saw that here in terms of voting numbers that he won the college vote but he didn't win the majority vote in terms of people, men and women, voters - voting for him.. It's a slightly different thing.. We have a *weird* system here too that can mean that the majority vote in terms of voters can still mean that a politician with less votes can still win. So fact is he won by whatever means
      January 27, 2018 4:09 PM MST

We FEAR him. A sociopath (in the opinion of many eminent psychiatrists and psychologists) having his tiny orange claws on the launch codes makes us very nervous - and engaging in a pointless, provocative d**k measuring contest with Jong Fatboy isn't helping. He's a self confessed misogynist. Amazingly insecure. Unfknblvbly narcissistic, all politicians are to some extent but DJT takes it to a ridiculous extreme.
      January 27, 2018 4:12 PM MST

With total and genuinely felt respect too... i do notice that you jump on one, (sycophantic) favourable news item citing it as representative and good while rejecting any and all of the milliions of less favourable ones, which you term fake and biased..   it just seems a little ironic.  
      January 27, 2018 2:19 PM MST

No, I see sarcasm and pandering...Pander---gratify or indulge (an immoral or distasteful desire, need, or habit or a person with such a desire, etc.)....

Blow smoke up his a** and keep him happy and marginalized. This post was edited by tom jackson at January 28, 2018 4:35 PM MST
      January 28, 2018 4:32 PM MST

sounds like it
      February 14, 2018 7:34 PM MST