Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How many times

How many times

have you been told not to do something you did earlier today?

Posted - February 2, 2018

Responses

Ahh not quite that... but I was told I didn't do something I could have... I used to get sooooo offended at even the slightest criticism... but I am a reformed character :P and when I thought about it she was right.. I could have... I didn't and perhaps really all that says is that that particular style is still not natural to me - so I forgave myself :)
      February 2, 2018 3:04 PM MST

I'm often told not to worry.
    Yet I . . . 

eh -- I'm getting better, though
      February 2, 2018 6:52 PM MST

Is it that you have found not to worry was usually sound and appropriate advice, or are the steadily advancing years putting everything in clearer perspective for you? Myself, I consider, though generally distrust, advice from my peers. But if I acted on advice received without due consideration, and the outcome proved disastrous, I would have to kick myself all the way from here to Albuquerque - if, indeed, there is such a place.  This post was edited by rattbagge at February 3, 2018 11:13 AM MST
      February 3, 2018 9:48 AM MST

Thanks, rattbagge.
    Usually not worrying is a very sound approach for me. I can go WAY overboard into AnxietyLand with my worry.
    :)

Also, things are, in a way, probably getting to some clearer perspective, too.
      February 3, 2018 11:16 AM MST

zero, noone has told me not to do something today
      February 3, 2018 3:57 PM MST