Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What is a movie that you thought started out well but disappointed you by the time it ended? ~

What is a movie that you thought started out well but disappointed you by the time it ended? ~

Posted - February 5, 2018

Responses

'Winds of war' only the title sounded interesting -I thought it would be gun battles,bombs and fire and stuff but it was just a silly romance flick.
      February 6, 2018 12:36 AM MST

cant remember
      February 6, 2018 10:46 AM MST

• "Million Dollar Baby" (2004)

March 13, 2018 10:47 PM MDT

It started to disappoint me pretty quickly into my first viewing and I almost walked out of the theater in disgust - - 

Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining"

I've since been able "be OK' about the movie once I stopped comparing it to the original novel.
    Kubrick's vision of "The Shining' was very, very different (in a bad way to me) of Stephen King's novel. (Basically, to me, I disagree with Kubrick's "take" on the main 'Jack Torrance' role, ha!) But if  I don't compare it to the book, the movie is good. And Shelley Duvall is phenomenal in it to me. (Jack Nicholson's performance is what irritates me the most about the movie.)
    Yeah, I know -- the rest of he world adores the movie it seems to me.

But there is a made-for-TV mini-series of "The Shining,"  directed by Mick Garris and starring Steven Weber in the main role. I much more enjoy this version of "The Shining."
      June 2, 2019 5:37 PM MDT