Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If I wanted to do some jail time just for a real life experience -what kind of non-violent crime could I do?

If I wanted to do some jail time just for a real life experience -what kind of non-violent crime could I do?

Sell drugs in front of a cop shop...?

Posted - February 6, 2018

Responses

Steal a CD/DVD in Walmart's. 
      February 6, 2018 2:39 PM MST

Have you thought about just going directly to the police and asking them to lock you up with all the other criminals for 3 days, 2 nights?  If they agree, it would be better than having a felony on your record.  They just might do it.  I would offer donating some money to the firefighter boot fundraiser and the policeman's ball or whatever it is they do in your area.  You do want to give to them if you are going to utilize their time and space. 
    If they do oblige, which I hope they do, remember, no special treatment and you can't tell any of the other inmates.  You'll need to have a story of what you did to get in to begin with.  
    There is also a difference between state and federal jail.  You may want to look into that too. 
      February 6, 2018 2:50 PM MST

Unfortunately, because of our system, while you might keep it from the inmates, it is unlikely it would be unknown to your jailors...which would drastically change your experience.  If either knew, it would be pointless. 

There is a distinct difference between jail and prison, which few seem to understand.  There is also a difference between federal and state facilities...but that is beyond the jail/prision misconception.

Edit:  Typo 

This post was edited by Bozette at February 8, 2018 6:02 PM MST
      February 6, 2018 3:17 PM MST

"There is a distinct difference between jail and prison, which few seem to understand.  There is also a difference between federal and state facilities...but that is beyond the jail/prison misconception."

I love you so deeply now that it's painful.
      February 6, 2018 10:28 PM MST

Blow Trump away.

That should get you no more than 5 years.

February 6, 2018 3:01 PM MST

It would have to be in a non violent way.
      February 6, 2018 4:30 PM MST

Don't pay taxes for the next 5 years.
      February 6, 2018 4:29 PM MST

Trump didn't get jailed for that.
      February 6, 2018 11:37 PM MST

Because it didn't happen. 
      February 7, 2018 4:31 AM MST

No but others have.
      February 7, 2018 9:54 AM MST

There is an old O'henry story about this, about a Hobo who want to go to jail for the winter because it is too cold to sleep in an alley that time of year, and anyway, in jail you get fed regular.
    So he tries all sorts of thing, Throwing bricks through a storefront window and then just staying there till a cop comes; but the cop is an idiot ans ask if he saw who did it and where they went (even though he is standing there with a stone in each hand), so he don't get arrested. Next he tries a restaurant, ordering the most expensive meal while acting as annoyingly high and mighty as he can. Alas, they dont even call the cops, just take him out back to the kitchen and gives him a tonne of dirty dishes and cutlery to wash up. Dispirited he then tries in a park, there is a cop there twirling his baton (or whatever they are called). He snaps the baton and throw it into the park lake while calling the cop a fascist pig. That actually works, he gets arrested and dragged before a judge; But the judge is in a Cristmas mood and pardons him "I understand life can be hard, so you are free to go, just try not to do it again".
    now he is back in the cold street, but the Judges generosity have made an impression, he vow to himself to get a job and become a better man, and as he go along musing on this watershed he find a piece of gum in his pocket, he pops it into his mouth and throws the wrapper away.
    Yet another cop sees this and arrest him for littering, and the judge this time gives him 3 months in jail. Exactly what the story began with him wanting. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at February 9, 2018 1:35 AM MST
      February 7, 2018 1:15 AM MST