Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Are you multi-tasking right now? Do you often?

Are you multi-tasking right now? Do you often?

I am... I always am.. it's hard for me to ever just do one thing...   I sorta admire people who can... that feeds into the whole concentrate on the moment thing, but still I enjoy the moment.. just enjoy it multitudinously :P

Posted - February 7, 2018

Responses

I am right now. LOL.
      February 7, 2018 9:36 AM MST

I believe that you believe you are.  In fact, that is what makes it real to you.  We all are, all the time, if you look at involuntary movements your brain and body do at once.  Breathing with your heart pumping and blinking are things you do simultaneously many hours of every day.

The funny thing about our brains is they are delusional.  They will trick us into believing you are doing numerous things at the same time.  Look at a short-order cook!
    Blueberry pancakes, eggs, over medium, english muffin, sausage (patty not link)... next order comes in at the same time... Eggs, scrambled, sausage (link not patty), hashbrowns, toast, whole wheat. ... and so on.

We simply don't have the ability to focus on more than one thing at a time.  What we DO Have is the ability to do multiple things with astonishing speed. 
    Please don't get me wrong.  Our brains are amazing works of art.  But, doing more than one thing at a time is past our capability.  We make up for it though with speed and prioritizing.

Give yourself a nice pat on the head!  Your brain deserves it! :) :)

This post was edited by Merlin at February 8, 2018 9:34 AM MST
      February 7, 2018 11:30 AM MST

*That*  is a truly amazing answer and I find I cannot disagree with one word. You are absolutely correct. I have many things I am *working* on within a given time-frame but I am attending to only one at a time.. 
      February 7, 2018 3:25 PM MST

You can multi-task to your big hearts desire!  Thank you!  I appreciate you and your kind words very much!  Happy! Happy!
      February 7, 2018 7:34 PM MST

Know we're all supposed to be multi-taskers and I suppose to some extent I am but really don't think my mind moves fast enough or nimbly enough to really negotiate more than a couple of things at a time.  Which is why I can't answer your Q and at the same time make dinner for my husband.  Have to do one and now the other. 
      February 7, 2018 3:55 PM MST

Do you drive? Your brain must be constantly on the alert for every situation.
      February 8, 2018 9:32 AM MST

Yes of course but I don't try to fold laundry or calculate my tax rates or clean my car while driving.  Anyway shorter distances like here to work which is only ten minutes from our home.  My husband characteristically does the longer trips. 
      February 8, 2018 9:35 AM MST

And of course, you don't text.
      February 8, 2018 9:37 AM MST

Never have ever.  That is pretty much for the kids right?
      February 8, 2018 9:40 AM MST

not really since i got too much time on my hands
      February 7, 2018 3:59 PM MST

• i only ever multitask. my hands always have to be doing something otherwise i get bored and distracted 

even at work i color while i work at my desk so i don’t get too bored 
      February 7, 2018 4:12 PM MST

Coloring is very therapeutic and wonderful to entertain your brain.  Good for you!!
      February 7, 2018 7:36 PM MST

Sure.  I can water the yard with an sprinkler, roast a chicken, and dry the laundry all while I'm sitting in a chair watching TV!
      February 7, 2018 9:00 PM MST

You have mastered the art of efficiency and effectiveness. 
    Two thumbs Up!!! :D!
      February 8, 2018 8:45 AM MST