Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Did your parents engage in premarital sex?

Did your parents engage in premarital sex?

In my parents' case, no.

Posted - February 24, 2018

Responses

Indeed. I am a product of that.
      February 24, 2018 6:18 PM MST

• Did they say "Oops!" when they got to know you were on the way? 
      February 24, 2018 6:44 PM MST

No they did not. I know that for sure. 
      February 24, 2018 6:42 PM MST

• Yep. I believe I was two when they got married 
      February 24, 2018 7:18 PM MST

• I don't know. I don't like to think about them having sex at all. -_- 
      February 24, 2018 7:24 PM MST

PART ONE: My mother, yes.  She was either 16 or 17 when she became pregnant for the first time.  In those days, girls were kicked out of high school if and when their pregnancies became public knowledge, either by stating that they were pregnant, or when they started showing.  My older sister was the product of that pregnancy, and my mother did get married to the 17-year-old boy who was supposedly the sperm donor (I do not know for sure, which is why I say supposedly.)  The marriage was also a norm of that time.  He was either illiterate or semi-illiterate, and my mother was an English major.  So much for opposites attracting, but I digress.  He was also an unrepentant "playboy", so faithfulness was not high on his list of priorities, not surprising for a 17-year-old child who was already sexually active.  Long story short, the marriage did not last.  I do not know how long they were married, but my older brother was born two years after my sister, and I do not know who fathered him.

PART TWO: I do know, however, that my own biological father was not the same person as my sister's father.  I believe my mother was divorced by then, but I do not know for sure.  She was not, however, married to my biological father, and she never got married to him.  So in answer to your question, part two is that my biological father was not married to my mother when they conceived me.  It's not technically pre-marital, because they never married each other.  I don't know if it counts as extra-marital, because she may or may not have been divorced at the time that she slept with him.

I could write soap operas using all true information from my own life and never run out of material.

~
      February 24, 2018 8:30 PM MST

I believe so. 
      February 28, 2018 5:10 PM MST

I want to believe they did not.  I'm pretty sure my mom was really one of those straight arrows. 

Innocent.   Naive.  

February 28, 2018 5:12 PM MST

Yes......and they are still bang at it.....they never ever bothered to get married ,they just never believed in that sort of thing....Their view was that  its a terrible waste of time and money ......They preferred to put their money into buying their first home ..  :)
      February 28, 2018 5:43 PM MST