Discussion » Questions » Family » Were you an accidental witness to the making of a younger sibling?

Were you an accidental witness to the making of a younger sibling?

Posted - February 24, 2018

Responses

If I witnessed anything like that, I don't remember, because my younger brother was born thirteen months after I was, which means I was about four months old when he was conceived.  I was eleven years old when my younger sister was born, but I don't think I saw anything concerning that.

~
      February 24, 2018 10:23 PM MST

You might have been in the room asleep.
      February 25, 2018 7:54 AM MST

Yes, I might have. That's what is implied in my response. There are many probabilities, but having been a few months old at the time, I do not know today which one of them actually took place then. 
    ~
      February 25, 2018 8:45 AM MST

Even my father was surprised when a new sibling showed up.
      February 24, 2018 11:08 PM MST

No, I never ever saw my parents do any more than kiss. I was no stranger to where babies came from, for most of my first eleven years of life my mother was either pregnant or tending a new baby, but I never saw them do the deed.
    My kids have caught their mother and I "at it", when they were little it was "mummy and daddy are play wrestling". My daughter also walked in on us when she was a teenager - grossed her out, but that was her fault. She should have knocked.
      February 25, 2018 1:16 AM MST

I remember seeing one parent on top of the other in the bed. (covered up)  I was about 5 or 6.  I was totally clueless.
      February 25, 2018 8:12 AM MST