Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Who is your hero?

Who is your hero?

Posted - February 25, 2018

Responses

Harriet Tubman
      February 25, 2018 6:00 PM MST

An unlikely candidate...but quite worthy.
      February 25, 2018 6:05 PM MST

Yeah, I agree, Element 99. I remember when I first read about her when I was in about the fourth grade and was incredibly overwhelmed with all the things she did. Few, if any, people come close still to her stature in my mind.
    :)
      February 25, 2018 6:07 PM MST

I think President Obama did a lot for your country during his 8 years in office.
    I think that he has integrity and a good heart and he did the best that he could in some incredibly difficult situations.
    I think he is very intelligent and I have a lot of respect for him.
    In my opinion he was very heroic at times.

This post was edited by Summer at February 26, 2018 8:15 AM MST
      February 25, 2018 6:43 PM MST

The Man in the mirror. This post was edited by O-uknow at February 28, 2018 5:20 PM MST
      February 25, 2018 8:25 PM MST

Perhaps this fellow, he seems to be the hero of so many:

[What does this picture remind you of? It puts me in mind of a film clip I once saw of an ailing and spent Fuhrer inspecting a cohort of brave-faced young boys, grotesquely dressed in Wehrmacht soldiers uniforms, and about to be served up as cannon-fodder; Hitler stopping to pat one of the little kids on the head in a fatherly manner.]

Americans couldn't quite annihilate their aboriginal people, nor could they keep troublesome blacks in their place; Hitler couldn't quite eliminate Jews and homosexuals; the Turks couldn't quite exterminate the Armenians . . .  but now Edgodan, with his massive, well-equipped army, wearing his emperor's cloak of genocidal maniac, is trying his best to quietly eliminate the Kurds, our recent fearless allies in the war against IS, and without little fear of purposeful intervention from anyone else. The Kurds have served their purpose now they can be left to the wolves.  

February 26, 2018 6:24 AM MST

WOW Agent 949, this guy is like Trump's twin. 

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has been criticised after telling a girl in military uniform that she would be honoured if killed while fighting.

"If she's martyred, they'll lay a flag on her," he told the sobbing girl at a televised congress of his AK Party.
      February 28, 2018 5:21 PM MST

My grandfather.  He went to Worchester Polytech, became a mechanical engineer, and invented several improvements to the automatic transmission, yet he was a quiet, seemingly humble man.
      February 27, 2018 5:49 PM MST

dont have one right now
      February 28, 2018 4:57 PM MST

February 28, 2018 5:22 PM MST