Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The deck is always stacked against we the people by the wealthy and powerful. We know that and we still keep playing the game. WHY?

The deck is always stacked against we the people by the wealthy and powerful. We know that and we still keep playing the game. WHY?

Posted - February 28, 2018

Responses

Because you have not as an individual enough money to see you through to the end of the game Rosie.....

To make a rich man work harder you pay him more.....to make a poor man work harder you pay him far less then a living wage....

Watch Wonderful Life with James Stewart....it's explains the system quite well I thought...lol This post was edited by Nice Jugs at March 1, 2018 2:09 AM MST
      February 28, 2018 11:46 AM MST

I've watched the movie countless times my friend. Methinks  I needs to watch it again. I remember most the sound of bells (I think) when Clarence gets his wings. That a life however difficult and mundne always makes a difference. Akways matters. But it doesn't plain why the game never changes and the people keep playing. The alternative is to be homeless? Become a hermit? Opt out? Refuse to keep getting sucked into the promise that maybe this time the deck isn't stacked. Maybe this time all the players are honest and honorable. Where there is life there is hope. That's what they say. Maybe it's an endless tiny flame of hope within that never dies. SIGH. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Thursday to thee. I would like to see the good guys always win and the bad guys always lose. That's clearly the child in me because the adult knows that only happens in the movies! :)
      March 1, 2018 1:50 AM MST

Great movie with a brilliant story line I think..... The  Quiet Man was on Sky last night as flicked through the channels......had to watch it ...it's like a drug.....just see a few seconds and  and I'm hooked....lol
      March 1, 2018 2:03 AM MST

I saw that movie too and all I remember is red-haired Maureen O'Hara  being "tamed" by John Wayne. I forget the storyline. Wayne was always himself. In a different role in different clothes but he never disappeared into a role. A "John Wayne" movie was always predictable. No surprises. Quite often the actors "supporting" him were the real stars. He was just the hook to get the people into the tent and once there you knew you were gonna get your money's worth! Not because of John Wayne but because of the folks he always surrounded himself with. Just my opinion of course! As he aged I do remember seeing him in a couple of movies in which his "acting" really touched me. In one he was an aging and dying gunslinger and  Lauren Bacall was in it. Thank you for your reply D. This post was edited by RosieG at March 1, 2018 2:39 AM MST
      March 1, 2018 2:36 AM MST

He was dying of cancer in that one Rosie.....Everyone played their parts so well though In the Quiet Man....Quin the match maker was just brilliant though as we're all the Irish people.....l

Ask an Irish person a question like "is this the right road to a certain village " and they will ask if it's the post office you want there....

My dads friend the camera man told us as kids so many great stories about Ireland.....he loved the place and its people....
    I like so much the Irish people....they are so hard working ...  and just love their accents and music....
      March 1, 2018 2:50 AM MST

Actor Barry Fitzgerald was always a delight as was his actor brother Arthur Shields. Loved seeing them in movies. Did you see the movie Finian's Rainbow? Delightful. I think the movie Brigadoon was about Scotland but it was also kinda Irishy to me. You have Irish tenors and St. Paddy's Day with Corned Beef and cabbage. Ya have "the little people" and if you can capture a leprechaun he will lead you to that pot of gold at rainbow's end begosh and begorra! You have 4-leaf clovers and lads and lasses and the color green and Irish jigs and Irish eyes . Yep. Irish is very good. Thank you for your reply D! :) My maiden name began with an O and the next letter was an h and on St. Paddy's day I'd always write it O'H......... My yearly salute to the Irish! I think my sister used to do that too. I could never bring myself to eat green-colored bagels or drink green beer though. :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 1, 2018 5:44 AM MST
      March 1, 2018 3:24 AM MST

I feel you become part of good films as you watch them Rosie...... I can't help watching them over and over .....lol
      March 1, 2018 6:00 AM MST

Me too D. I have some favorites I can watch a zillion times. Ever seen James Cagney in "Yankee Doodle Dandy"? "My father thanks you. My mother thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you"! Thank you for your reply!
      March 2, 2018 5:18 AM MST

We are all waiting for the Joker to appear and turn out Trump again... :)D
      February 28, 2018 12:08 PM MST

The Jack Nickolson Joker? Perhaps t'is he in the form of Robert Mueller. Seems the focus (that we always knew would be the focus) is getting sharper and the area around it is getting smaller so the wiggle room is disappearing before our very eyes. Every day in every way the donjohn is unraveling and ranting and saying more things that Joker Mueller will be using against him. Only Robert Mueller isn't joking. His aim is steady and sure and so far seamless. It's only a matter of time. If the donjohn really panics and fires Sessions and appoints another AG who fires Mueller that will be the sh** hitting the fan and then you will see an amazing ending. Think Fireworks worldwide on New Year's Eve! :) Thank you for your comment D! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 1, 2018 2:04 AM MST
      March 1, 2018 1:57 AM MST

He's slowly but surely destroying his self Rosie.......
      March 1, 2018 2:05 AM MST

I think the destruction is accelerating D. With his right-hand gal Hope Hicks telling investigators that she told "white lies" for the prez and quitting the very next day he will be increasingly desperate and enraged and fearful and isolated. A mad bull. Now we are being told what we always have known. Trump is the center of the conspiracy/collusion investigation. All the others are just window dressing. Getting them on record about what happened is putting nails in the donjohn coffin with the top left open for him to step in and I think it is going to be sooner rather than later! Thank you for your reply D! :)
      March 1, 2018 2:33 AM MST

1) People have the wrong priorities. Most people are absolutely fine being ruled over by an elite. They just want a KIND MASTER when they should be seeking LIBERTY. Pure slave mentality.

2) People are very easily manipulated. It should be obvious that mainstream media is completely controlled by the powers that be, yet most people don't have a thought in their heads the system didn't place there.

3) People can't face that most of the time the deck ISN'T STACKED. If someone is doing better than you, then it's usually because they're smarter and/or more industrious than you. It's a sick irony that the main way the system stacks the deck is by telling people the deck is stacked and making them turn against each other. The envy of losers is a weapon of mass destruction. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 1, 2018 4:06 AM MST
      February 28, 2018 3:31 PM MST

Because we the people do not know how to fight this.

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 1, 2018 1:59 AM MST
      February 28, 2018 3:32 PM MST

Where's our David? The monstrous Goliath needs bringing down and if Mueller isn't taken out (I think a frantic doofus don will try to do it) Mueller is surely our David. How long must we wait? I think with Hope Hicks admitting she told "white lies" for doofus don and then quitting the next day she sees the ship of state sinking quickly and is getting out while she can. How many more defections will there be I wonder before everything fades and the screen goes to BLACK? The end. Maybe it's only days away now. Thank you for your reply Sharon and the graphic and Happy Thursday!  :)
      March 1, 2018 2:03 AM MST

We play the game because we foolishly cling to a vain glimmer of hope … a hope that things will change.  It’s this hope keeps us in a game that’s been rigged for thousands upon thousands of years. 

Countless people in countless societies have put forth claims such as, “put me in charge and I’ll fix everything” or “when I’m in charge things will change”.  And for some reason all these claims always seem to end with these two words – “trust me!”  So, with a hope that the person will do what they claimed, we ante up.  Then we watch as the cards are dealt – we get an ace, he gets an king.  We get a ten, he gets an ace.  We get a four, he gets another ace.   We get a six, he gets another ace.  We get the instructions card, he gets yet another ace.  “Wait a minute!   That’s 5 aces!  He’s cheating!”  Too bad, they’re in charge now and they make/control the rules.  Maybe next time.  Angered that we were lied to, we scream, protest and demand change.  Then up pops another person who claims that they’re just as angry as we are and that they, unlike us, have sufficient resources (meaning cash) to oust this swindler and put a stop to all cheating.  Hoping that this person will do as they claim, we ante in.  The cards are dealt - we get an eight, he gets a king.  We get a six, he gets an ace.  We get a three, he gets another king.  We get a ten, he gets yet another king.  We get the instructions card (again?) and he gets an ace.  We lose again!  “Unfair, the game’s rigged!”  The winner simply shrugs his shoulders at us and says, “Too bad, better luck next time.”  And on it goes.  Hand after hand we’re dealt junk cards while the ones who claim that they’ll end all cheating always get high point hands. 

We know the game’s rigged.  We know we won’t ever win.  We know that the ones who claim they’ll bring about change are bribing the dealer with their huge bankrolls.  So why do we keep playing?  Hope.  “This time will be the time things change.  This time we’ll win!”

February 28, 2018 4:13 PM MST

Precisely Shuhak. You very eloquently, logically and  truthfully described the mechanics perfectly. Sometimes the "trust me" is replaced by "believe me". This time in 2016(it happened before in 2000 as well) the MAJORITY of the people didn't trust or believe but the rigging was so overwhelmingly "clever" and unexpected that the bad guy "won". A Pyrrhic victory for everyone but the chosen Useful Idiot and Russia but he'll take it. It was engineered years in advance and the plan was put into effect and once it was implemented in 2014 it was an avalanche of enormous proportions that could not be stopped. SIGH. If we can have a dealer who doesn't deal from the bottom, no aces up his sleeve, and just uses an honest deck of cards, no sleight-of-hand tricks and deals without cunning and evil purpose we might have a chance. Is it possible/probable? "What man can conceive man can achieve". And somewhere in Shakespeare..".there are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy Horatio" (I'm pretty sure I screwed that one up). "The fault dear Brutus lies in our stars not in us". (Another butchering?). "Truth is stranger than fiction". Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 1, 2018 2:22 AM MST